Chapter 16 : Perfect teenager

Jungkook kept staring at the boy who has passed out on his bed. Part of him said to clean the boy and make him wear something comfortable but the other part asks why would he care.

In the end Jungkook stood up and went near Jimin who was calmly sleeping not having any idea about a turmoil on someone else's head. Jungkook took a sweaty strand of Jimin's hair to place them behind his ear. Jimin has gained weight than the first time he saw him in the club. The Kim couple must have treated him very well.

He thought about the first time he saw Jimin in the club wearing a dirty uniform, bending to clean someone else's mess. He was completely opposite to the person he remembered when they were young.

Jungkook felt angry with himself to think about Jimin who was responsible for Shin-hye is no longer with him now. But he can't avoid he had even better memories with the younger. After all they grew up together.

If someone asked who he loved the most he would quickly say it's Shin-hye but then he would think about Jimin.

Jimin was his first crush. He couldn't avoid that. He used to stare at Jimin's every little action when they were not even 15. He would buy Jimin's favourite ice-cream even twice just to see his croissant smile. Ofcourse he didn't know it was a crush back then but still he did those little things for mere his happiness.

However it changed when he got a little older. He didn't know when he got obsessed with the perfect image. Maybe when he was 16 or 17 years old. He didn't know how it was created even. His parents never forced him to have good grades or be the leader of the football team. It was created by himself. He wanted to become perfect in every aspect. He worked hard to continue this image.

That was the only reason he started the relationship with Shin-hye. She was the leader of cheering squad and she was popular among teachers and students for her good grades and beauty. Back then he thought it was the best decision he made in his life. Comparing to her Jimin was very ordinary. Only few knew him in the college. So he became unsuitable for maintain his perfect image.

Anyway Shin-hye also had many defects. He was aware half of the rumours Jimin said were actually true eventhough he said  them out of jealousy. This was the very reason that made him angry. Those rumours were huge blows for his perfect image. He even beat few people because of those rumours including Jimin.

He didn't know why he kept  avaging Jimin now. Maybe because he felt betrayed or because Jimin perfectly shattered his perfect image but looking back he has never thought Jimin has killed Shin-hye!

He knew Jimin very well. Jimin was very timid and fragile. His angry self was only a facade to hide his fragile nature and appear with strength. He even opposed to him practicing sparring because it could hurt him. So how could he committ a murder.

That knife.. Jungkook remembered it was custom made one. Why would Jimin make a knife when he doesn't even know how to use it. They said he killed Shin-hye because of the anger he had in the fight but Jungkook remembered both of them went home quite injured. Did Jimin had time to kill Shin-hye , take a bath and to hide his bloddy cloths within an hour. Even if he hid his clothes why didn't he hide the knife. There wasn't any finger prints of Jimin on the body either. Isn't it suspicious enough.

Looking back Jungkook felt like there was no way Jimin could committ that murder. Then who actually did it? He had no clue about someone else apart from Jimin either.

Jungkook ran his fingers through the sweat in Jimin's jawline which made Jimin whine like a kitten. Jungkook chuckled.

"Cute.."

What if Jimin really was not the culprit? He has suffered four years for nothing. Even after Jimin came out he... Jungkook didn't want to feel guilty without knowing the exact truth. Why didn't he think about those obvious facts when Jimin needed him the most. Ofcourse you can't blame him either. He was also a teenager and his parents sent him away for US just after the trial. After only four years did he return and tried to find Jimin in the asylum to found out he was already released. The encounter on the club was a pure coincidence.

Jungkook bend down to place a kiss on Jimin's eyes which still had few teardrops in the long lashes. Then he walked away slowly not wanting to wake him up now. He didn't want to face the younger now. He has to do many things before he could face the younger again.