Chapter 18: Family

Jimin walked behind Yoongi for a time. Neither talked. Jimin was not sure why he decided to trust Yoongi but he felt immense sense of security when he's with him.

Yoongi stoped at a two story building. It was quite old but well maintained. Yoongi opened the door for him to get in.

The interior was also old and faded. Jimin's gaze stoped at a photograph of a young policeman. He turned back to look at Yoongi. Yep.. It is definitely his father. Both have those cat-like eyes.

Jimin didn't have any time to react when two boys around six or seven years old appeared behind them and continued to do sward fighting with their sticks. They both looked much alike. They must be twins.

"I want to win this time."

" Noo.. you won last time. Let me win.."

"Hey..stop fighting!"

Yoongi's voice came from behind. It was low and authoritative which made the boys freeze at once.

They looked at them and the very next minute started  shout in unison.

"Mother... Yoongi hyung's home...."

When Jimin was amused by the cute little twins, a teenage girl apperaed from the staircase.

"Yoongi hyung , moth.."

Her sentence ceased after seeing Jimin. She blinked twice then started to shout just like the twins.

"Mother.... Yoongi hyung has brought his boyfriend!!!!!!"

Jimin's eyes widened. He looked at Yoongi who still looked indifferent.

"tsk. Ignore them."

Jimin giggled. This family is really interesting. Their brother looked calm and grumpy while others were totally different from him. He was looking forward to see their mother.

He didn't have to stay much. Soon after a woman  appeared from the back.

"Yoongi.. You are back.. I was worrying when you were late."

"Stocks arrived. Boss kept us overtime."

"Oh.." Her eyes fell into Jimin then at once they started to shine in excitement.

"So you are..."

Jimin who was silently observing family interactions forget to introduce himself.

"Oh.. I'm Jimin.."

"He's my friend. He got kicked out by his land lord. So I asked him to stay with us for few days."

"Ah.. " She looked disappointed but soon recovered.

"Welcome to this humble house Jimin-shi. Don't worry about the time. You can stay as long as you want. Yoongi's friends are like my own children."

She turned and smack on Yoongi's head.

"What are you doing? Take your guest to your room and let him take a wash."

To Jimin, "Jimin-shi.. You take a wash. I'll prepare something delicious. After all you are the first person Yoongi ever brought home."

Jimin followed Yoongi who was now taking his backpack.

"You have a nice family there."

"Hmm. I do."

Jimin can't help but sigh. It's better to not to think about his family. FAMILY. Do not have to lie. He really missed them sometimes. But do they miss him too? He sighed again. It's better to forget he even had a family.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

"Jin please try to understand. I did all what I can. There's nothing left for me to do." Namjoon sighed to the phone.

"Why can't you sent a team or something. It's been weeks Namjoon. I feel so afraid."

Namjoon tried every method to console his husband but Jin was not assured by any of it. He called him to remind to search for Jimin even during his duty hours.

"Jin. Like I said I've sent notices for every police station in this district to inform me if they found him. Apart from that I can't do any thing. He's an adult Jin. He has the right to go away like that."

"What if something happened to him.? What if that Jeon did something to him?"

Namjoon heard anxious voice of his husband from the other side.

"Jeon wouldn't do anything to Jimin. He is busy with something else."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I know...Anyway how about this..I'll renew my notices.. If they find anything related to Jimin they'd inform me."

"Hmm..ok... I hope he's fine. I miss him. "

"I know..." Namjoon said while leaning on the table.

"How about I'll take a leave earlier so we can....agh..."

When he was about to take the last sip from his coffee , the cup fell down on the table. Fortunately he has drunk half of it but he can't let it leave strains in police reports.

"Aghhhh... This stupid coffe...."

Jin heard Namjoon swearing to the coffee cup from the other line. He chuckled. He wondered how Namjoon was still able to maintain the image of the upright officer with his clumsy self.

"Namjoonie.. Are you there?"

.........

Jin waited for Namjoon to answer but when he didn't respond Jin frowned.

"Namjoon what happened?"

"Jin.. listen.. I got something important to do.. I'll hang up."

"Oh.. ok.. you'll come early right?"

"Mmm... not sure. But I'll try "

"Hmm. Ok..."

Namjoon hung up the call and looked at the title to ensure he didn't got the wrong file. No it was the file of the Busan case Jungkook asked him to investigate but why there is Jimin's photo.?

Jimin looked quite young and chubby than when he was with them but Namjoon was so sure it is Jimin. Namjoon sat back to read the file. It looked like bad blood between Jimin and Mr.Jeon has long history than mere a sauce incident.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Thank you for reading this story for this extent. And I have few things to say...

From next chapter onwards you'll meet Namjoon's investigations of Busan case. I wanted to remind you I'm neither Arthur Conan Doyle nor Sherlock Holmes
So there would be few plot holes, impossible instances and things out of common sense. If you find something like that just remember this is fictional. But I'll try my best to make it appear less absurd.

Thank you for votes and comments too. I'm always looking forward to them. 💞I hope you'd share the story too. That'd be a great help.😊😚