Chapter 20 : Street lights

It was another tiresome day for Jungkook. The new year was coming, making him busy with his company. Maybe he was working not only because it was required but also he wanted make his mind occupied to escape from feeling guilty.

He let the driver take him to his appartment. Inside the car he placed his head against the window. It was festive time. Everything was bright and colourful. Streets were decorated for Christmas and new year. Everyone was celebrating their lives for the fullest. Among the colourful crowd his gaze suddenly stopped at a familiar, lonely figure.

*

Jimin was afraid. Jimin was afraid of loosing his hyung. He should have known from the beginning he doesn't deserve love. He should have understood it when he failed at the first time. Unlike then he was not strong to fight for the love but he was afraid of loosing the only one he has in this world.

It was cold. He ranaway when he was rejected. He didn't have the courage to face Yoongi. He didn't know how to return home. Would Yoongi avoid him? Would he ask him to leave the house? Would he stop to care about him like before? Jimin didn't want any one of the above to happen. He didn't want to face the possibility. So he continued to sit in the small bench near the road.

It was the festive time but he was sad and lonely.

Suddenly his eyesight got covered by a coffee cup. He looked up at the owner but got disappointed.

"Here, drink this hot coffee. It's cold out here."

He was not in a position to reject Jeon Jungkook. So he took the cup and bowed respectively.

"Thank you Mr.Jeon"

He sat down but got startled to see Jungkook going to sit in the same bench as him.

"...Mr.Jeon?"

Jungkook sat down in a very delicate and elegant  manner and sipped his coffee not bothering about where, with whom he was sitting with.

"What?"

"No...nothing.."

Jimin sat stiffly beside Jungkook and secretly glanced at him. Unlike their previous encounters, Jungkook had a gentle atmosphere today. It made Jimin calm down and he took a sip from his coffee. A sudden warmth went across his body.

They silently drank the coffee sitting side by side. Jimin was surprised to meet a silent and calm Jungkook but he didn't question it.

Night was falling but both of them didn't want to go back home. It's been a long time since they spent time together like this. Jimin really wished he could go back and change everything. Eventhough he lost his love he would still have his family and his friends.

"Mr. Jeon, how's So-mi and Mrs.Jeon?"

Jimin regretted it as soon as those words came out of his mouth. How dare he question about Jungkook's family. Ah.. Jungkook's abnormal gentleness has made him a curious cat who's going to get killed in next minute. He waited to get humiliated by Jungkook. But unexpectedly,

"They are fine."

Jimin's eyes widened and looked up to see Jungkook staring back at him.

"Oh.."

Jungkook's indifference finally made him relaxed. Jimin can't help but wonder whether Jungkook still has connections with his parents.

"How... how's.. my parents?"

Jimin was staring at the far away street lights that he didn't notice the sudden change in Jungkook's eyes.

"They are also doing fine.."

Jimin nodded while saying
"That's good.."

There was a silence again Jungkook observed Jimin and noticed that he has not changed a lot since their last encounter. Their last encounter.... Jungkook sighed. Maybe he has went too far. Eversince he didn't pay much attention to him. He knew Jimin was doing laborious job and lived with a family. According to what he heard Jimin had quite a normal and happy life in these days but what made him sad all of a sudden.

" Jimin.."

Both Jungkook and Jimin looked up where the sound came. Jungkook saw a young man walking towards them.

"Hyung...."

Jimin stood up. Jungkook had a bad premonition about the intruder. Who's this pale guy..

"Jimin what are you doing here in the cold... You are not even wearing properly.. Come on.. give me your hand.. Wear this..."

Yoongi said while making Jimin wear the coat he brought but Jimin stood stiff infront of him. 

"Hyung.. I'm sorry..."

Yoongi looked up to see tears falling down on Jimin's  chubby cheeks. He put his hands on his cheeks to held Jimin's face.

"What are you apologizing for..?"

" I'm sorry.. I won't ask again.. please.. please don't ask me to go away. Please let me stay with you.."

Yoongi was feeling bad looking at those tears. But what could he do. He always looked at Jimin as his own brother. He treated him just like his family because he felt Jimin needed it. Forming a relationship with Jimin more than just brothers made him feel like committing terrible sin. So how could he agree with that. But it didn't mean he would ask Jimin to go away.

"Stupid boy... I won't ask you to go away. Why would you even think so.."

"I..I..."

"That's fine.. Forget about it.. You are my little brother.. I won't change it. Come.. Let's go.. Mother is making your favourite soup. Don't let it get cold."

Jimin let Yoongi hold his hands and drag him home but he suddenly remembered that they were not alone.

"Mr.Jeon.."

Jimin turned to bow and thank Jungkook for the coffee and informing him about his parents.

"Thank you for the coffee and letting me know about my parents. I'll take my leave now.."  Jimin bowed again and turned to go.

He looked at Yoongi hyung and smiled. He didn't care about the relationship as long as he could live with Min family.

Jungkook's hands formed into fists unconciously. He didn't like this pale guy. He didn't like the way he made Jimin cry. He didn't like the way he held Jimin's hands. He didn't like his existence at all. He did not like the fact they are living in the same house!

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇