Chapter 7: "Rid of the monsters inside your head"

Four years later

Jimin searched everywhere in his small studio appartment for his last ramen packet. He thought one was remaining but now it looks like he had eaten them all. Another day begins with hunger then. He was not stranger to it anyway. He quickly got down to his work uniform and ran out of his appartment before the landlord would come and complain about the rent. He was avoiding him for last two months and had no intention of confronting him soon.

Ever since he got out of the mental asylum; that was since four months he was working in a local club as a cleaner. Job was hard and disgusting but he was used to it after cleaning nastic toilets of the asylum. He was thankful to find a job quickly after he released. It was hard to find any kind of job without even a high school graduate certificate.

"Jimin-shi"
He stoped to his manager's call. Jung Hoseok was Jimin's manager. Unlike everyother rude managers Hoseok was really kind to his employers. Specially to the youngest of them all ; Jimin. Hoseok had a soft spot for this mochi-like silent boy. He had no idea what the boy had went through but the said boy always carried a silent appeal for help which made Hoseok want to help in anyway he could.
"You look pale Jimin-ah. Did you take the breakfast?"
"I...." Jimin nervously scratched the back of his neck.
Hoesok let out a sigh.."When did you last eat?"

" Ahh. . The bun you gave me yesturday?"
" What!? I gave it for breakfast. Did you stay whole day with that single bun?.."
"Hyung...Don't worry. I can wait until the lunch..."
"Do you think I'd let you stay hungry until the lunch., Let's go. We have 20 minutes before your shift starts. I'll treat you. "
"But hyung..."
" No butts. Let's go.."
Jimin followed him gladly. Nothing is better than the free food. He was happy that he had even a one person to depend on.

♤♡◇♧

Jimin was in a good mood that day. His stomach was full and he was happy; He was happy to have a hyung like Hoseok. Hoseok was a cheerful person who would make anyone happy. No wonder everyone teases him saying 'sunshine'. Jimin reminised that he had a time when he couldn't even remember what's happiness is. He was nearly going insane in the asylum. He was like a sheep sent to a block of wolves. He was raised in a very comfortable background. Eventhough he was not favoured in his house his parents always looked for his needs. He was spoiled. So when he was thrown in to a place with junkies and criminals, he was indeed going insane. He was soft and thin compared to those muscle thugs. He was often bullied not only by the inmates but also by those policemen who claimed to protect the law. He had nearly got raped by them which led him to a mental trauma. He would have found peace by committing suicide if not to the kind doctor of the asylum.

"Jimin... Room no 148 needs you."

"Oh..ok..."
Jimin was waken back from his reverie. He trolled his trolly to the said direction. This was his job. He had to work hard to earn for his basic needs. The survival was impossible. He couldn't go back to finish his education. After his trial he didn't even heard from his parents or friends. So he assumed he'd live cleaning other's dirt for the rest of his life.

He knocked at the door of room 148.
"Room service"
The club had three sections on it. They were the club, bar and those private rooms. Jimin's job was to clean the private rooms.

Jimin entered the room with his trolly but he was welcomed to a not so pleasant situation. The room was occupied by some rich men. One of his collegue was kneeling down and crying repeatedly saying 'sorry'. He understood that she had spilled sauce in some rich brat's expensive shoes. He silently went over and started to collect broken glasses in the floor. He had no idea what happened there but he felt pity for the girl.

"You. Boy go and bring your manager here. So I can teach this slut a good lesson not to be play with men like us.."
Jimin paused. He didn't want to betray his collegue. He was aware most of his collegues were leading lives just as his. They couldn't afford to loose their jobs.

"No Jimin wait.... Mister I'm sorry. I'm sorry but I can't loose this job. I have to take care of my sick brother. Please... "

" I do not care slut. You should learn a lesson this time"

" Please sir.. please forgive me.. I'd do anything. But don't complain the manager..."

"Anything?"

"Yes sir anything please..."

"Lick my shoe."

Jimin frowned. How much high headed those rich people are. Lick his shoe!. They don't even consider them to a status of a dog. Poor girl. What has you gotten yourself into..

"Sir......."
She was shivering. There were few other men in the room. This man really wanted to deteriorate her into that position. Indeed he wanted to show his supremacy. These rich brats are..... He couldn't bear it anymore.
" Sir.. Please we beg you to spare us for today. I could lend you a towel to wipe your shoe. Please consider her innocence.."
He knew what he did was like literally putting his head into lion's mouth but he couldn't bear his collegue been humiliated by those spoiled rich brats.

"Since you are so worried about your friend why don't you lick the shoe instead.?"

Jimin could feel his blood turned into water. He was frozen in the place not because of the suggestion but because he knew the owner of the voice. After all these years.... Jimin wouldn't dare to look up. He stared at the floor hoping some miracle would happen and he never had to meet Jeon Jungkook again.