Chapter 19: Sweets

"I.. mm..rheallhy don't undershtandh why Jeon ashked you to open.. this case."

Jackson asked while getting another bite from his sandwich.

"And I don't understand why YOU are working your ass off in this case. Surely Jeon can't replace you when there are no evidences."

Jackson took a sip of his coke while his mouth was still filled with sandwich. Namjoon didn't even find this disgusting because he was focusing in rereading all the reports, files regarding Busan case.

"I know... but I feel there's something strange about this case.."

"Strange? Man, they gave clear evidences to the jury. So you are saying they made the wrong judgement?"

Namjoon looked up from the files.

"No.. not really but don't you feel like every evidence is too much perfect? It's like they are framed."

"Someone has framed the culprit?"

"Not necessarily but there should be a reason for Mr.Jeon to ask me for open this case."

Namjoon said while looking at the image of Jimin. Maybe he was doing this not only because of Mr.Jeon's threat.

"Whatever.. "

Jackson decided to shut his mouth about Namjoon's sudden frenzy. Noone, noteven his husband can stop him when he made up his mind. So he set his attention to crime scene pictures.

For weeks Namjoon kept rereading all the files of Busan case hoping to find any strange instences but until now he couldn't find anything strange. That's what intrigued Namjoon the most. The evidences given to jury are not enough but they are more than enough to believe Jimin 's the murderer.

But Jimin was just a 17 years old boy. How could he perform such a perfect crime. Not even leaving any fingerprints behind.

"Mmm.. Is this the used weapon? Wow.. it's custom-made... I wonder from where he made it.. It would be great to have such a nice knife.."

Namjoon suddenly had an urge to choke Jackson to death. He couldn't concentrate because of his stupid , brainless, dense... wait.... knife?

Namjoon got up from his chair to grab the photo..

"Hey... what happened?"

Jackson almost fell down due to Namjoon's force. But he didn't bother to answer him. He studied the photo of the knife.

"Jackson.. You are amazing."

Jackson looked like he couldn't understand what he did to cause Namjoon look so alive.

"Am I?"

"Yes ofcourse..."

For weeks he couldn't find any thing to start the investigation but now there's this knife. A custom made knife. If he find the company or person who made this knife, it will be one step closer in the investigations.

"Where are you going?"

Jackson asked Namjoon who looked like he's in a hurry to get out of the station. Namjoon turned and smirked.

"To the Evidence room."

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

"Here, let me carry it"

Yoongi appeared from behind to take the huge box filled with water bottles.

"Hyung.. I can carry it..."

"No.. Start to fill another box. " saying this Yoongi turned to walk away without giving any chance to Jimin to protest. Jimin pouted. Sometimes he was getting annoyed by his overprotecting hyung.