Chapter 30 : New year

"Jimin, are you heading out? Do you want me to give you a ride?"

"No, Mr. Jeon. I can take a taxi from here."

"Well then. Be careful. Call officer Kim if something weird happened."

"Okay.. I'll go then."

Jungkook looked at the Jimin who's again wearing those crappy clothes he wore when he came to this house in that night. It was still cold out there and the snow hadn't melt yet. Thinking about this Jungkook suddenly remembered something.

"Jimin.. wait a minute.."

Jimin turned to see Jungkook hastily running into his room. He stood there dumbly until he returns.

Jungkook ran into his room and took out the gift box he hid. He turned to go back to Jimin.

"Here."

"What's it Mr. Jeon?"

"Open it."

Jimin opened the box to see a beautiful jacket.

"I received it from a friend. You can wear it today. It's very cold out there."

"Mr. Jeon. It's your gift. I don't..."

"No no it wasn't someone important. Just take it. You can return it to me later."

How can this person be someone unimportant.? Jimin thought. Well to Jungkook the person must be worthless. But this person had taken much consideration to give Jungkook a carefully wrapped gift. But Jungkook didn't even know how to value at all. He hasn't changed even a bit.

Jimin took out the jacket. Huh.. it's too small. Just about his size. He decided to take back his words. This mysterious person doesn't know Jungkook at all.

"Thank you Mr. Jeon. I'll return them later."

After all it was indeed very cold. He was not stupid enough to let go off the free goods.

Jimin bid farewell to Jungkook and came out of the appartment to go back to his appartment to find some certificates. Since the day he came to Jungkook's place he hadn't get out except for occationaly accompanying working aunty to the convienience store. Even so Jungkook didn't let him go much away from the penthouse. But now it's different. The investigations are already coming to an end and it was a matter of time to catch Ha-rim. They would start his trial soon.

It was indeed a very happy new year for Jimin.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Namjoon started at the red dot in the screen. He was reluctant to look away even for a second. The atmosphere of the office was filled with the usual silence but he was anxious than ever.

"Officer Kim, Mr. Jeon is here. "

Namjoon reluctantly looked up to greet the man.

"Mr. Jeon, didn't expect you here."

Jungkook ignored him and went to stand near the screen.

"I hope everything is alright. You better not mess this."

"Mr. Jeon. Rest assured. We are trying our best. Before the day ends, Ha-rim will come to our hands."

Namjoon knew that they have planned everything to the point but still he can't help but feel anxious. He went to stare at the screen again. Like this Jungkook and Namjoon stared at the screen standing next to each other.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Jimin was not in a hurry. He took subway to his station and leisurely walked towards his appartment. It was rare for him to have a freedom like this nowadays. He was always followed by Jungkook's minions. But now he was free like before.

He unconsciously stopped near the alleyway. Even if it was daytime, it was dark and isolated. Maybe it was his imagination but still he felt a shiver running down his spine looking at the alleyway. The bloody face of the woman, the bloody face of Shin-hye... he still remembered them clearly as he saw them yesterday.

Jimin closed his eyes to gather his feelings. What's the use of recalling them again and again? It only makes him tangle in a dark abyss. Now he got the chance to left them behind so why should he stick to those bloody memories?

Jimin opened eyes and walked to his appartment without even casting a glance at the alleyway again.

He reached to his appartment and went to meet her land lady. It was working hours. He couldn't see her. Maybe he should come back again to give his rent.

He walked to his door. Wait.. did he get the key??

He was so excited that he forgot to take the key...

Ahhhh..

How stupid he is.... Now he has to go all the way back to get the key..

Maybe it wasn't that bad.

Jimin silently giggled and wanted to turn back but a strong force trapped him from behind.

Jimin eyes opened wide. He wanted to shout out for help but suddenly his mouth and nose was blocked by a rag which had a terrible smell.

He shouted in his mind that he shouldn't pass out now but the very next minute his legs started to shake and he fell on the arms of the other person.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇