Chapter 32 : Clarity

Jimin stared at the statue of justice. It was infront of the same statue that he was branded as a criminal. But now... he no longer had to crush under that painful shadow.

He looked at the judge who was giving the last sentence. He didn't feel despair and resentment as before but it was hope and contentment.

"The defendant was wrongly sentenced for the murder of his sister. The entire jury panel has judged that the victim is innocent of the crime. Therefore in accordance with the criminal procedural law article 328, section 1,the people of the court has judged to withdraw the indictement of the charges."

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

As soon as Jimin came down, Jin ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

"Jimin-ah... you are so great... I'm going to cook you your favourite dish. You should come to our home okay?"

"Sure thing hyung.. I missed your cooking."

Namjoon petted his shoulder and said,

"You did great."

Jimin giggled and continued to talk with his hyung when someone hit him in shoulder. He looked back and surprised to see Hoseok.

"Hyung.. how did you..."

Before he could continue he recieved another smack from Hoseok.

"You little brat! You completely forgot about me after moving out. Didn't you? If not for me to find Yoongi accidentally I would never know where you disappeared."

"Hyung.. I'm sorry..."

He was trying to console his triggered hyung when he heard his name from behind.

"Jimin"

"Yoongi-hyung.."

He rushed towards Yoongi and hid between his arms. He let the familiar warmth surround him. It was this man who believed him even without evidences. He gave him familial love and cherished him as who he was. No matter what, he always felt secure around him.

"Jimin, I'm proud of you. So-hyun and others are waiting for you. Don't forget to visit us later."

"Hyung... I'll never forget."

Jimin let tears fall down. He was no longer the criminal he was branded as. He was saved from the dark abyss.

"Jimin-ah.."

Hearing very familiar voice, Jimin freezed in Yoongi's arms. He didn't want to look back because he was afraid of triggering sad memories. But Yoongi petted his arms and indicated that he should speak to them. That he should face them as he was no longer stained as they believed he was.

He turned to look at his patents. They have aged since the day he last saw them. It was five years before. On the day of his trial.

Mrs. Park was aided by her husband. She looked weak and tired. Her face was soaked in tears. Facing Jimin she took a step to hug him but he quickly stepped back refusing her.

It was not that he hated them. Yes.. he was still disappointed in his parents but he doesn't hold any grudge. It was just he felt very uncomfortable around them.

His action caused Mrs. Park to cry again. Within her cries she tried to talk to him but no word came out.

"Jimin-ah.. Jimin-ah I..I..."

Mr. Park held his wife and petted her back and turned to talk to Jimin.

"Jimin-ah.. we know we do not deserve your forgiveness. We failed you. We were terrible parents. We turned you down when you needed us the most."

He was not crying but his eyes were already bloodshot .

"Your mother...she's old and sick. I hope.. I beg you if you can only if you can.. please forgive this parents.."

"Father... I've already forgave you."

Looking at his bright smile Mrs. Park cried out loud. Jimin stand a step away and waited till they calmed down.

Mr. Park looked at him after a while with his now calm face.

"Then I..I hope... you will come home someday.?"

Jimin smiled politely and said.

"Yes. Maybe... But first I have to spend time with my family."

He said while looking at his hyungs who were waiting him at the entrance. Noticing his gaze, they waved at him happily. He smiled and looked back at his parents.

Mr. Park nodded in understanding. Then he aided his wife and walked away. Jimin turned to look at his hyungs. Everyone were flocked together. They were talking and smiling happily. Jimin also smiled in contentment.

This was his family. It was them who stayed with him and saved him. His life was hard but it made him meet this very precious people.

Wait.. someone was missing. Where's Jungkook?

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

The hallway was dreadfully silent except to the footsteps. Ha-rim looked up to see Jungkook enters his cell. The officer closed the door behind him. Now they were alone in the dark cell.

Jungkook stared at him for a minute and started to talk.

"When I believed it was Jimin who killed Shin-hye, I made up my mind to give a hard time to him. I did various things but I denied to kill him."

Jungkook looked up with a murderous glint.

"Now I know for certain that it was you who killed Shin-hye and made Jimin be imprisoned. So why would I let you live even for a second?"

Jungkook took out the gun and aimed at Ha-rim's forehead.

"This is the police station. Aren't you afraid you'll get caught?" Ha-rim asked.

Jungkook smirked. "No. Police station is my least afraid place."

Jungkook pulled the trigger. " Any last words?"

Ha-rim stared at him for a minute before asking,

"Are you doing this for Shin-hye.. or Jimin?"

Both stared at each other. Ha-rim refused to look away eventhough the gun was aimed at him.

"For both."

A loud noise of gun firing echoed through the hallway.

Harim opened his eyes to see he was still alive but an unbearable pain went through his left leg and right arm. His clothes were soakedin his blood.

"Let's see how you survive in the prison with this state."

Jungkook came out of the cell and took off his bloody coat. He ignored the cries he heard from behind and then just as he entered the station, he walked out with contentment and satisfaction.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Finally......
Because of the complications I thought it's much better to end this quickly. I did my best with this story. There might be defects but it's my first attempt. So I'm satisfied with this outcome.

I did many changes to this story apart from the original version. I wanted this to be a jikook fiction but I thought it's much better to give an ambiguous ending. Anyway I wanted you to focus more in Jimin's story ( including Kai) but it was diverted by Jungkook's character. This was one of the defect I noticed in my story.

However it ends here. Everyone in the story gets their happy ending.

Oh.. I'm planning on writing another story. A horror-romance. And there would be plenty of jikook too. Stay tuned for further notices.

Thank you for support, comments, votes. Let's meet with my next work. ♡♡