Chapter 29 : chance to dream

"Hyung..I'm fine.. you don't have to worry this much..."

"How could I not worry when you are with that bastard Jimin-ah..."

Jin was indeed worrying about Jimin. How dare Namjoon let Jimin stay in that Jeon's house. He was afraid Jimin would be bullied there.

"Hyung it's just for few days. As soon as Namjoon-hyung capture the murderer I'll come to your place okay?"

"Really??....Yes.. yes.. You should come here. Namjoonie and I can protect you.."

"*giggles..I know hyung... I'll come then okay?"

" After that let's have a dinner party. We could also call Yoongi and his family.."

Jimin was surprised. How did they know Yoongi-hyung?

"Wait hyung.. You know Yoongi hyung?"

"Ofcourse he came to our restaurant to meet Namjoon. They trained in the camp together. That's how we knew you were with him. I asked him to take you here.. but who thought this would happen.*sigh.."

Jimin never thought they would know each other. When Yoongi hyung called him that morning he didn't even mentioned anything about Namjoon hyung. Also he has never mentioned he trained in a police camp. He only knew their father was a policeman.

Jimin also did not intend to tell Yoongi about where he lived before he came to his place. He was afraid it would lead for more uncomfortable conversations. Now it turned out to be they knew each other all along. The world is really small.

Jimin chatted with Jin for few minutes and hung up. Jin hyung must be busy in these working hours.

Jimin let a loud sigh and layed down on the couch lazily. After working hours and hours for all these times, he was not accustomed to rest like this.

He gazed around the luxurious but lonely house. It's been few days since he came to Jungkook's house. Eventhough they lived in the same house they barely had any interactions. He had talked to the working auntie more than with Jungkook.

He didn't care anyway. This way they didn't have to face any awkward situations. It was way better to act like this and go to Jin-hyung or Yoongi- hyung as soon as they capture Kai.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Jungkook came home at night after working overtime . His intention was to walk quietly to his room and take his dinner at the room as well. He knew how uncomfortable Jimin gets around him. So he tried his best to act invisible until Jimin goes away.

His life was dull and dark. He can't help but think it was always like this except for his childhood when he spent his time with little Jimin.

He went to the office every morning and kept thinking about Jimin. What would be Jimin doing now.? Did he have his lunch.? Was he bored?

But when he came back home he could only hide in the room like a mice.

When Jungkook entered the livingroom he saw Jimin sitting comfortably in the couch while reading a magazin. He wanted to walk quietly to his room but got distracted by the title of the article Jimin was reading.

'Medical miracles'

Jungkook suddenly remembered when they were young Jimin wanted to become a doctor. He was very talented in those subjects too. He was determined to reach his ambitions and he indeed had a very bright future. But all these dreams were shattered. He was doing labourious works to earn a months salary which wasn't even enough to pay for an appartment.

Back then Jungkook was enraged that he ruined the chance of Shin-hye to achieve her dreams but didn't he himself has ruined Jimin's dreams too?

After reading the article Jimin looked at the time. It was already too late. He should sleep now. But Jimin didn't get to go to the room. He subconsciously looked behind and almost screamed in terror. Why was Jungkook standing there like a ghost.? Jungkook was pale and stood there without any movement. When did he even come here?

"Mr. Jeon? Are you.. alright?"

Jimin wanted to retreat to his room but asked out of superficial.

"Yes..."

But he didn't look like alright. Jimin poured a glass of water and gave it to Jungkook.

"Here Mr. Jeon. Drink this. You'll feel better."

Jungkook took the glass and drink it. Then he sat down on the couch.

Looking at the now calmed down Jungkook , Jimin turned to go back to his room but stopped by Jungkook.

"Jimin. Can we.. can we talk?"

Jimin thought it must be about investigations. Whenever Jungkook talked to him it was mostly about this matter. Apart from that Jungkook occational told him about Mrs. Jeon and Somi. Even about his parents.

Jimin nodded and sat infront of Jungkook. He waited few minutes but there was still no reaction from the other party. He was getting bored and sleepy.

"Mr. Jeon. If you don't have to say anything..."

"Jimin what are you going to do after all of this?"

Jungkook suddenly asked as if he just remembered .

Jimin was dumbfounded. He was asking what he'll do after everything right. Ofcourse what else. He'll go to continue his usual life.

"Nothing much Mr. Jeon. I'll go back and continue like I was before. "

Only difference would be that he is a person without any stain.

"What about school?"

"School?" What about it?

Jungkook can't help but fell more and more guilt.

"Well... You couldn't graduate back then. I thought you might continue your studies."

Jimin was surprised. It was the first time he had a chance to think about this matter. Until now all he worried about was food and shelter. If he could really continue his studies... Jimin sighed. He indeed had many dreams but they were all pointless now. He was not financially strong enough to help himself with education.

"Mr. Jeon..I'm not really interested in this matter."

Ofcourse he was interested but he didn't feel like sharing his grievances with Jungkook.

"If it is about money... You know I can help...?"

"Mr. Jeon.. I don't want to bother you.."

"No... no.. please.. you are not bothering me. It is my responsibility. Please let me help you."

"Sorry Mr. Jeon.. I don't like to owe you."

...........

Jimin didn't know from where his courage came from to turn down Jungkook like this.

Jungkook was silent for a minute. He looked like an abandoned puppy. Or more like a bunny. Jimin almost felt sorry for him. But he made up his mind and stood up to go away.

"It won't be from my private account."

Jimin stopped and looked back.

"I'll apply you for a scholarship. In my company as well as in my friends' companies. You might get a chance to win. "

"But..."

"Please Jimin... Don't think I'm trying to do this to get out of my guilt. I just want to make everything right. Even if it's too late now.. This is what you deserve. Please give it a chance."

'This is what he deserve'

Jimin stared at the man infront of him for a minute before agreeing.

"Okay. Let's give it a try."

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇