Chapter 21 : Drugs

This is gonna be boring but important to the plot.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Namjoon thought he was a capable officer but now he himself wonders how he managed to survive in his career this whole time with his stupid brain.

Who would buy a knife with his fucking real name to a murder? Ah.. He didn't even think about this basic thing. This Busan case was really messing with his mind. He has not moved even a step from where he begun. He went to check the owner of the knife but found out it was made by an old woman for his son?! And this woman is already dead even before the Busan incident.

But he can't give up now. Not because of Jeon's threat but he had a strong and very uncomfortable feeling that Jimin did not committ this crime. So he can't move his mind for another thing.

Namjoon looked at Jimin's photograph. Jimin looked very cute and innocent. How did he committ such a crime. Shin-hye's medical report said that the death has happened due to a forceful stabbing by a knife. How could a 17 years old boy stab his sister?

He took Shin-hye's medical report to find any other thing he has missed. His glance stopped at a paticular colemn where he saw two unfamiliar words.

'alprazolam' , 'diazepam' *

According to the medical report of Shin-hye , there was a quite a amout of those chemicals in Shin-hye's blood when she died. What are those things?.

Namjoon grabbed his laptop to search for these pills. The result was;

'For anxiety disorders'

Why's there this content on Shin-hye's blood. Did she also take treatments for anxiety? Or.... did Jimin gave her those drugs?

For a minute Namjoon really questioned Jimin's innocence.

No.. Maybe he should not come to conclusions by reading in google. He decided to call his old friend Dr.Bo-hyun, who worked with him in few cases.

"alprazolam and diazepam? You are right. They are indeed use for anxiety disorders. However they strongly required for doctors guide because some patients might get side effects."

"Side effects? What are they?"

"Mmm.. mainly cramps, dizziness and temporarily paralyse"

Namjoon was stunned. This was not good. This was really not good. It was a strong point against Jimin who used to have anxiety. But Namjoon didn't find those names in Jimin's report.

When Namjoon did not speak from the other line , Bo-hyun became curious.

"Why are you suddenly ask about those drugs. Has someone used them again to committ a murder?"

Namjoon was still processing about the facts when he heard this word.

"Again? What do you mean? These drugs were used before?"

"Oh yes.. It was before 5 or 6 years. My first case... But unfortunately we couldn't find the murderer and the only suspect disappered during the investigations."

Namjoon was surprised. His instinct said that this could be a clue.

"Tell me more about it..."

"Mmm.. I don't remember much. But I still have those records. I'll send them."

"Ok.."

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Namjoon sent a message to Jin informing he 'd be late again and waited untill his friend send him records. He felt sorry about Jin too. These days Jin looked more anxious than him.

As soon as he got the files he started to read them. The backstory was a typical property conflict.

Kim Young-ok was the last of a Chinease-korean family line. She was an old unmarried lady with no kids. So all the wealth came across the centuries was left for this old woman. Her only companion was her care taker Im Ye-jin who was a middle aged divorced woman. Both of them lived in a cando in the outskirt of Seoul.

Two women led a peaceful life. But unfortunately Young-ok found she has heart problems. Anyway she didn't panic. Instead she took measures to divide her proprty rightfully. The amout was not big. So she divided half and half between her loyal care taker and the remaining to the charity society she had worked for. However her plans for her property was messed up with the arrival of a long lost nephew, Jin Ha-rim.

Jin Ha-rim was a relative from her younger sister's husband's side. Her sister got married with a Chinease man and left Korea forever and Young-ok hardly heard something from her. So the arrival of Ha-rim made her very happy. There were many things to share. The lonely and silent cando was filled with laughter. Ha-rim was a pharmacist , so helped Young-ok with her sickness too. Gradually Young-ok wrote one-third  of her property to Ha-rim. And continued their usual carefree life.

But this happiness only lasted for few months.

The old woman Young-ok was found murdered on a paticular morning in her bedroom.

As the only companion Im Ye-jin was the first suspect. They have found that she needed money to treat het only son who was in coma for a year. But there was not enough evidences to prove it thus Im Ye-jin was freed. The investigations dragged on and the property was already divided when Namjoon's friend found something fishy on Old woman's medical report.

'alprazolam'

Using this paticular drug murderer has made the woman paralysed. This way it was easy to murder without leaving any fingerprints but how could a middle aged care taker like Ye-jin knows how to use drugs to paralyse the victim?

The suspense finally moved to Young-ok's nephew Ha-rim who was a pharmacist and was responsible of old woman's medicine but the bird has already flew away with the money.

Namjoon couldn't help but think those two murders indeed have lot in common but is there any connection between them too.

Namjoon scrolled absent mindedly through the pages and suddenly stopped at a familiar object.
............

He jumped out from his chair to find records he took from the metal workers.

There was it... clearly written on the records. That knife... That knife they found on the Jimin's room and suspected to use for the murder of Shin-ye , which Namjoon traced down to find the owner of the design and found that a mother had made for her son ,  was actually made by Kim Young-ok... But to whom?  To Jin Ha-rim?

Namjoon left a tired groan. Intead of revealing the truth why does this case becomes more and more complicated.??!!

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Sorry for the long backstory. In few chapters you'll find it's connection with Jimin's story.