Chapter 12: 21st century strange boy

"Jiimiiii....nnnnnnnn....."

Jin ran from behind when Jimin was taking out the garbage bin.

It's been more than two weeks since he came here and he lived happily than ever. Jin treated him like a child constantly giving things to eat and drink. Thanks to him Jimin has gained some weight and now he doesn't look like a teenage boy who just came out of the rehab.

"What's it Jin-hyung?"

"You remember that handsome university boy who comes to cafe only to drink coffee and stare at you??"

"Mmmm.... yeah... What about him?"

" He left you his number and asked you to call him......."  Jin said in excitement.

"Is that so..."

"So are you going to call him?"

"Mm. No.."

"See... I thought you wouldn't call. I should give him your number myself."

"......."

"Oh I just realized. You didn't give me your number."
Jin took out his phone and handed towards Jimin.

"Here save your number."

Jimin didn't take the phone. Instead he scratched his head and looked around to avoid Jin's gaze.

"Jimin?"

" Hyung... I.. I don't have a phone..."

"What..? What century are you living in?"

"*giggles. I don't want a phone hyung. I don't have anyone to call.."

Jin looked at Jimin in suspense.  Within this two weeks he got closer to Jimin and he can't help but notice that this boy is really strange. He never talked about his family and never mentioned anything about his past except about a kind manager in his previous work place. It's like he came from nowhere. He doesn't go out to meet anyone either. Something else he noticed was that he looked anxious around Namjoon. Namjoon also said that Jimin looked terrified after seeing him in his work uniform. Not to mention nightmares the boy had constantly.And now this boy said he doesn't have a phone.

Jin felt really curious about Jimin but he and Namjoon agreed that they won't search in the police files except anything happen out of their control. Anyway it's not hard to sympathise the boy. Jimin looked awfully lonely and it made Jin treat him as much as he could.

"Jimin you should really go out with that boy. Not a date. Just to find some friends. Sorry to say so but you are awfully lonely. "

"I don't need them. I have you and Namjoon hyung and rest of the staff friends."

"That's not what I mean. You are still young. Go out and try to enjoy your life without hiding out in the cafe. "

"Hyung.... I'm not hiding. I just don't like go out."

Jin frowned but nodded anyway. Maybe Jimin has a reason to lead a solitary life. It's not his place to persuade him to come out of his comfort zone. Thus Jin decided not to bother the boy again about dating and going out.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

" How do you say don't fart in English?.." Jin asked

"............"

"Don't gas" Jin didn't wait the others to understand and laughed at his own joke. Soon Jimin started to laugh so hard that he almost fell down by the chair. His collegue Jung-suk slapped on his arm and cried.

"Where did you find it funny? It's so lame. There's no humour at all"

"Unlike you he has a great sense of humour. Shame on you young man.."

Everyone laughed at Jin hyung's tactics. Currently they were having a dinner night with the staff at the cafe. It's how Jin enjoyed his life: by feeding his food to everyone and telling dad jokes. Maybe it's true. Jin 's jokes were really lame but Jimin was desperately searching for a source of happiness. So those dad jokes are more than mere lame jokes to him.

There calm conversation was interupted by a sudden call for Jin. He looked at the screen and frowned. The carefree mood he had was replaced by a serious mood. He got up to excuse and went away from the table. Namjoon also followed his husband after few minutes.

Rest of the night spend smoothly. Jin and Namjoon looked absent minded but Jimin did not question it. It's their privacy. He has already invaded it so he didn't want to put his nose to everything. He understood the young couple must've find it uncomfortable  to keep a guest in their house. But he still couldn't collect enough money to move out. So he acted deaf sounds of their love makings and blind to  purplish hickies in Jin's neck. Believe it. It's really hard to pretend you didn't notice anything when you are a thin-skinned, gullible virgin.

After everyone retired he started to clean the table but Jin came in to talk to him.

"Jimin. Come to the living room. We have to talk."

Jimin put down the dishes and blinked. Talk to him? Are they gonna send him away?

Jimin slowly walked to the living room. Jin and Namjoon were already occupying two chairs. He sat down on a chair infront of them. He felt like he was confronting his parents after having bad marks to the test. So unconciously he took the posture of a boy confronting his parents for his bad marks. Spine straight, hands on his thighs while staring at his lap, Jimin really looked like a high school boy waiting to get a scolding.

"Do you know Mr.Jeon?"

Jimin looked up. Didn't expect this to be about him.

"Yeah..." Jimin whispered. Namjoon was a policeman. What if the found out he has criminal records? Would they send him away?

"Did you do something that might've offended him?"

Jimin didn't know whether to lie or tell the truth. However he decided to hang into the lie until the end.

"He was there... at that sauce incident..." Jimin felt like it's a lame excuse but he had no choice.

"Is that all?" Namjoon asked. Jimin slightly trembled but said it out.

"Yes...."

"Arhhh.. I knew that guy is really high-headed from the moment he called. Those rich brats... They are really spoiled , arrogant and take  others as dirt. No wonder he wanted to avange you just for a trivial matter."

Jimin frowned. Jungkook called Jin ? What was that about?

"Hyung... What do you mean?"

"Ahh... That man called me yesterday and asked me to fire you. I didn't agree. How could he decides whether I should keep you or not."

"He.. he.. asked you that...?"

Jimin had been living very comfortably that he almost forgot about Jungkook.

Looking at Jimin Jin felt sorry for the boy.

"Jimin.. Don't worry.. hyung wouldn't fire you.. That man can't decide what I should do. You are one of my best employer now. I don't want to let you go."

Jimin smiled slightly. He was so aware that Jungkook would not stop by several phone calls. But he felt happy for Jin hyung's consideration.

"Thank you hyung."