Chapter 25: Red jacket

I might have highlighted the relationship between Yoonmin too much. I just wanted to bring someone who Jimin can rely on. In other words an angel. Yoongi's cold nature is totally killing the image of a typical angel but he is soft and kind than his image. This sounded great to me. Unlike other BTS members in the story, Yoongi appears with a whole family to give Jimin the feeling of being loved by a family. And Jimin confessed to Yoongi because he was craving for any sort of love. So making them lovers is kinda ruining their relationship and purpose of Yoongi's existence. Another reason to add Yoonmin is to make Jungkook realize he doesn't deserve Jimin as you guys said.

Anyway this is a Jimin centric fiction which means you won't meet either Jikook or Yoonmin as lovers. I might be more partial towards Jikook in next chapters. But I'll end the story in a more ambiguous way. So do you guys think I should remove the tag jikook from the title?

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

"Come-on Jimin-shi... it wouldn't take much time. Just have lunch with me.."

"Sorry Mr. Kai. I just arrived here. I can't leave the store."

"Okay.. Then how about dinner. Please agree..... I leave this town tomorrow. Don't know when I'd see you again."

Jimin sighed. Why is this Mr.Kai clinging him to like a leech?

He dragged the advertisement board out of the store and placed near the door. Then stood still to face Mr. Kai.

"Nor can do... I have the  nightshift today."

Even if there won't be many customers in the Christmas eve! Yoongi asked him to join them for Christmas but Jimin rejected it after much thinking , saying he has works. He should let the family enjoy their moment.

"Oh... "

Mr.Kai appeared to be thinking for sometime.

"Okay.. then when will your shift end?"

"Around 11 p.m"

Mr. Kai let out a disappointed sigh.

"Then this gonna be the last time I see you for a long time I guess."

Jimin was not sad.

"Yeah maybe."

They bid goodbye. Jimin started to clear the way around their store before snow started to fall. He was emerged in his work that he didn't notice the stalking car.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Jungkook's gaze went between Jimin and the parcel in the passanger sheet. Jimin was still wearing those clothes he wore when they met in the restaurant. Jungkook still wondered whether they were enough in this cold weather. He remembered Jimin was afraid of cold when they were young. He easily caught fever during winter times. But the boy infront of him looked as he could endure everything. And he indeed could.

Jungkook opened the parcel to take out the red jacket. He took near his face and drawn his face in it. He didn't know why when he saw this jacket in the mall, first thing came to his mind was Jimin. The Jimin he remembered was full of redness and joy. It changed when they become teenagers. And now Jimin was full of gray and a cold atmosphere. Jungkook can't help but blame himself for this change.

He looked up from the jacket to see Jimin smiling and talking with another man. His hands unknowingly clenched tightly.

But does he deserve to be jealous?

This thought made Jungkook feel helpless then regret. His aim was to make Jimin suffer but why was he suffering now.

He reminded the call he recieved by officer Kim. According to him , they have already collected enough information to prove Jimin's innocence. The files will be send to the court as soon as possible. And the only thing left to Jungkook was to suffer.

Jungkook stuffed the jacket back at the parcel. He did not have enough guts to meet Jimin now.  Maybe he could wrap it and leave it  in the mail box as a Christmas gift tonight. He took a one last glace at Jimin before turning to go.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Namjoon returned home after a very tiring day. But as soon as he entered the door he was pulled to the living room by his elated husband.

"He's here.."

First name came to his mind was Jimin.

"Who.. who.. Jimin 's here????"

" No.. his friend..."

Namjoon was in daze. Did Jimin ever has friends.. apart from Jungkook. Wait Jungkook?

However he met a least expected person in the living room.

"Yoongi... what are you doing here?"

Before Yoongi answer Jin exclaimed.

"You two know eachother???"

"We were in the same police camp." Namjoon answered.

Yoongi was also surprised. When Jimin told about the couple he never connected it to his old friend.

"Jimin has told me about his boss's husband being in police but I didn't expect it to be you.."

"So Jimin was with you all this time???"

"Yes.."

Hearing this Jin can't help but complain.

"Then why didn't you bring him today?"

"Sorry. I didn't know he lived with you."

"Next time bring him here. He dared to leave us without a notice!"

No wonder how Jimin often talked about his previous boss with much affectione. The Kim couple must have treated hum very well.

"Okay. I'll bring him tomorrow."

After Jin left, Yoongi turned to Namjoon.

"Since you know Jimin, You must have guessed why I'm here right?"

"So you also know it. Don't worry. We have opened the case."

"Opened??"

Yoongi was surprised again. He didn't expect this  matter to be solved easily. As he went to the police camp, he remembered very well how this case ended completely. How could Namjoon open such a case.

Guessing the thoughts of Yoongi, Namjoon replied.

"Actually I was forced to open the case."

He said while lowering his head a little.

"What do you mean?"

"  It was Mr.Jeon"

"Jeon Jungkook? Why would he do that.?"

He was the person directly or indirectly dragged these every mess on Jimin. Why would he care even a little to help Jimin.?

"Maybe he should have found something unusual "

Yoongi frowned but didn't question it.

"Anyway I have already sent the files to the court. I'll come to meet Jimin tomorrow or day after."

"Thank you Namjoon. "

Namjoon could feel the sincerity of this remark but he denied to get the honour.

"No. That's all I can do for Jimin. He has went through a lot. I'm ashamed as an officer."

After their meeting Namjoon accompanied Yoongi to the door.

"Are you sure you don't want to come back?"

Yoongi instantly  understood  what Namjoon was asking.

"No... I'm good with my current job."

Namjoon sighed.

"Try to think about it once again."

"Na-ah... You know how disgusted I'm with the police after my father's death. Now this incident.. it only increased. "

"I know. That's why we need people like you."

Yoongi didn't answer. Namjoon also stopped persuading. It's hard to earn trust when they keep breaking it. Even from their own people.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇