Chapter 13: Rivalry

Jimin crossed the road after taking the grocery. He was sent early in the morning to bring some stuff. He was taking snail steps because he didn't want to step in to another make out session.

There were not too many people in the street. The streets were slightly covered by mist. It's quite cold. Jimin hugged himself. He was wearing a coat temporarily borrowed from Jin.

When he was peacefully walking in the path an expensive car came and stopped near him. He was about to walk away thinking it was not for him but suddenly  the back door opened and Jungkook came out of the car.

Jimin froze. Not knowing what to do. He desperately wanted to run away but he knew there was no use.

Suddenly he had a feeling that Jungkook always takes dramatic entrances. It would be funny if he did not bring bad news each time.

"Get in. We need to talk."

The car is parked middle of the road. What if a cop appears here. Oh right. It's Jeon Jungkook. Even the police was afraid of him. Jimin sighed and got in to the car.

Once again Jimin waited until Jungkook started to talk.

".................."

" That Kim couple is treating you very well ah... Infact I was amazed by your luck : to find a place to live from the very day I kicked you out. "

So it was him.
Jimin was not surprised at all.

"Mr.Jeon.. Did you... Did you call Jin hyung? "

Jungkook turned to look at Jimin who was wearing a huge coat above his petite figure. It doesn't fit for him that it often felldown by  the shoulders making Jimin adjust it each time.

"He didn't agree to let you go. Apparently they treat you like a brother. I felt really sorry for them to be decieved by you."

Jimin hugged the grocery bag tightly.

"What do you want?"

"Leave the cafe."

"No"

How could he leave? Where would he go? No... If he leave now it would be nothing less than betraying Jin-hyung.

"I'll give you another chance. From next week if you did not leave the cafe the one who suffers would not be only you."

Jimin frowned. What could he do? Is he going to beat him and hyungs by sending some thugs? He can't do that. Namjoon hyung is a cop. Jimin smiled. He didn't think Jungkok would be succeed this time.

"Don't be happy because you live with a cop. I have my own ways to make you give in"

Well... That's kinda true...

"Mr. Jeon, I'm looking forward to them."

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

"Did you here that haunted building was sold out?"

"The one infront of our cafe? Who would dare to buy it?"

"I don't know. The rumours say it was sold to a very well known wealthy person."

Jimin was not interested in the gossips his colleagues were sharing. He just continued to serve the customers.

Anyway he knew about the story related to the said building. He remembered Jin-hyung telling that story in one of their staff dinner nights.

The owner of the building was poor person. He worked hard and opened a restaurant from which he earned quite a lot of money. He married a beautiful wife and had a son too. But unfortunately he got addicted to gambling. He gambled all his money and sooner he found he was in debt for many people. From this, started his downfall. Debtors started to threaten him and his wife ran away with his son to her secret lover. Unable to bear all those things he committed suicide in the third floor.

After his death many people bought the building and they had to face numerous creepy things. Their businesses didn't end up well either. So noone wanted to buy that building leaving it appear as haunted until this mysterious person appeared.

The reconstruction of the building started soon. Within few days the haunted appearance disappeared and soon it appeared to be a luxurious restaurant. Everyone in the city was talking about the new restaurant. Everyone is looking forward to it's opening.

Jimin did not meant to eavesdrop but oneday soon after the restaurant was opened he accidentally heard a conversation between Jin-hung and Namjoon-hyung.

"Is it true that person owns the restaurant?" Jimin heard Namjoon's voice from the kitchen.

"Yes. His secretary or someone called me and said it was the last warning."

"What are you gonna do? Are going to tell Jimin?"

"No. He would be sad and insist on going away. I can't let him go. That kid has no one to turn to. "

"You are right. That restaurant can't beat your business. All your customers are regular customers. They won't go away. Anyway  you have me from the back"

"I know baby"

Jimin stepped slowly away from the couple who is now acting passionately.

'That person' means Jungkook right? Why didn't he think about that before? Jungkook wants to compete with their small cafe just to make him come out? Isn't he taking lot of effort just to avange him. Oh right! This all mess was to avange him. He killed his girlfriend.!!!

He didn't care Jungkook keep avanging him as long as he keep his friends out of it.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Less than a month their cafe started to attract less and less customers. The Jeon's restaurant  offer food for a cheap prize with a luxurious service. Regarding their prize it was really not profitable but Jimin reminded that it was only a trick to compete with their small cafe.

"Hey Jimin.. Are you going to try the new restaurant?" His collegue aske after their shift.

"You mean food? No I'm good."

He would rather work for another shift than entering that restaurant.

"No no.. Didn't you hear? They are offering jobs to new waiters. All of us are going to try."

Jimin felt pang in his heart.
"What about Jin-hyung? Are you going to leave him?"

"Look.. I know it's selfish. But we have our own problems. "

Jimin had nothing else to say. He kept silence when one after the other his colleagues resign and went to the new restaurant.

Jin-hyung never blamed him. He treated Jimin just like before. He did not even mention about Jungkook again. And they never said to him about the problems Namjoon had to face in the police station.

Jimin silently waited for a customer. The cafe which was always filled with chatering is now silent as a cemetery. He was sitting in the same bench he found himself in the very first time he came to the cafe. And he can't help but think that it's all because of him. From the very beginning it was him. He should just leave Shin-hye to do anything she wanted. Look at him now.

That's it. He should just let Jungkook do whatever he wants. Jimin knew he was no match for jungkook in anyway. He could only give in everytime to Jungkook tries. When he had enough of it maybe he'll let him go.

He walked to his room and searched for the business card Jungkook give that day. Yes.. He'll let him do whatever he wants untill he becomes satisfied.