Chapter 5

The week was going on so fast and I wasn't having any more encounters with Declan. He was never present in school but maybe Taylor whom I met in Mr Jefferson's lesson.

I was quite glad I was not seeing Declan more often but some part of me felt different.

"So what are you guys going to do for the weekend?" Kim asked as we sat at our lunch on the bench eating Avery's fries.

"Sleep in."Avery spoke her mind that had to be obvious. "You're so dumb that you never know what I do for the weekend." She said pocking his chest.

"I was asking Tee." Kim looked at me not minding Avery.

I remembered planning on having ice cream with Alec. "I am going out for ice cream with Alec."

They bother gasped in surprise. "You're friends with Alec?"

They both said at the same and that started an argument.

"Slap but no return." Kim immediately said as he slapped Avery hard on her back.

"Yah. Is that surprising?"
I was curious.

"No, he's just so nice. Of all Declan's friends, he is the only one who doesn't joke about Avery ever being a loser." Kim said side glaring at Avery.

"Yah. They all think am a loser because Declan tells them so." She explained further.

"By the way, he's not been in school. What's up?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, he's out with his dad." Avery said.

I finally asked both of them to join in tomorrow and they all accepted now all I wanted to do was ask Alec whether he was fine with it which am sure he was.

We went for gym which was the only last session on Friday. Kim was irritated but Avery was dragging him.

All we did in the gym class was run around while others sat. Our gym teacher didn't come so everyone did what they felt like.

I sat with Avery and Kim but all Kim did was laugh at different incidents. Someone who would trip or someone's sweats. He was so judgemental but I realized he would never judge anything sensitive.

We finally saw Alec approaching us with Taylor behind him whose head was dipped in his phone.

"Hey guys." Alec smiled at us and we all responded in unison.

"Hey Alec,"

"Why aren't you guys doing anything?" Taylor behind had not yet even looked up at us.

"Who would order themselves what to do." Avery said matter of fact.

We all laughed along with Alec.

"Hey Tiana, we still on for tomorrow?"

"Oh yeah, mind Avery and Kim joining us."

"No problem." He gave us all a thumbs up.

"So I get to meet Anna for the weekend. Not bad." Avery spoke after and realisation struck me so she also knew Anna.

"It's Annalisa." Kim argued. So they both knew her.

"It's Analiz. " I said.

"Kim you better not call her that." Alec warned jokingly.

"Tell him." Avery messed Kim's hair up and that all it took to get him furious.

Alec left and still Taylor hadn't given us a single look. Arrogant.

Avery and Kim bickered about Anna's name till it was time to leave. Avery had suggested we go to the park where we all drove after school with her driving with me. She had insisted she drove and I let her.