Chapter 9

I woke up to the sun beaming through the glass window and all  I wanted right now was to sleep in but I had school. My first wish was to find my car outside.

I did my morning routine sure that Declan couldn't have returned the previous night, so I took my precious time.

I was staring at myself in the full length mirror. I wore black skinny ripped jeans and a white thin strap top with my black leather jacket covering it.

I picked my boots and raced down the stairs reminding myself to check or ask for my car." Morning Tia," Kayla said putting breakfast on the table.

"Good morning."

"Come on,have some breakfast and meet Reinherd before you leave, okay?" She told me with a smile.

"Okay, Kayla."

"Talk to me if you need anything and Jace should drive you to school as your car delayed Abit." She said as she disappeared up the stairs.

I was Midway my breakfast when I had a clearing voice behind me. There stood Reinherd looking at me as he leaned against the door. "Hey Tiana, How's the going?"

"All good, sir."

"Don't call me sir. Where is the fun in that,huh?" I saw him smile which was also rare since I met him.

"Okay, Reinherd. I should get going." I mentally slapped myself knowing that I had to wait for Jace now.

I stood outside but in a few, Jace came and we walked to his car. His attitude had somehow changed from last night as he was now trying to create a conversation with me.

"Why doesn't Avery drive herself then?"  We had been talking about Avery being careless and how everyone didn't trust her. Maybe that why she had a driver.

"Nah, my dad thinks it's cool to give a girl princess treatment which Avery hates." He shrugged.

Jace was only two years behind us but he still had a mature look. You could probably think he's older than Avery.

We reached the school grounds and I got out of his car before he could find his parking spot. I walked to Kim's spot and saw him bending while Avery held onto his back.

I reached up to them and didn't realize what they were doing till i saw Kim backling his shoe laces. Why did Avery have to hold onto him then.

"Uhm uhm... " I cleared my voice from beside them which clearly startled them and Kim went falling ass on the ground it's now that I realized how clumsy he is.

"What's up, Bitch.. you ditched school yesterday after lunch. Mind explaining." Avery asked after gaining her balance.

It's now that a shiver went down my spine knowing that I would have to tell my friends. Avery would find out later today and Kim would have to know.
They were my friends after all.

They both looked at me with expectant looks and I finally gave in and explained everything.

___________________

"You know what? I didn't see this coming. " Avery was utterly shocked as we stood in front of Kim's motorbike.

"Neither did I." Kim looked at me intently. " Are you happy with any of this because it's all that matters." His sort of Asian accent always got thick when he was being serious.

"Not at all. He left me on the first night. Not to sound like a creep but you can just put up an act, Right?" I said.

"That's why he's an asshole. He has no brain and don't mind him, it's just a matter of time." Avery said as we started walking to our lockers.

We stopped from where Kim always left us. " Whatever reasons you two have for hating each other. There's a thin line between love and hate so I think fate is doing that. See ya." Kim waved us off and there he was speaking of fate.

If fate was doing that, then fate must have had a grudge with me.

We were finally walking to our class and Avery couldn't stop squealing like a rat. "I can't believe I now have my best friend under the same roof. "

Yaaay, now I thought of it, maybe it wasn't going to be so bad.

___________________________

We were seated at our lunch and I hadn't seen Declan in all the classes I had with him.

"So, here goes the surprise." Kim opened a lunch box with excitement.

And there stood a dish I didn't know the name but looked better than any other meal I had ever come across.

"Wow!" With that, I dug into the food and it was tasty. I noted to ask Kim the name when I was done eating.

"I knew you would love Jin's food. " Avery said with a smile.

"But sadly we shall eat this again in two months." Kim looked sad. He had told us that his mom had gone back to Asia.

"Yes two long months, sixty fuckin days and nights." Avery faked sobs as she hugged Kim who played along and before I knew, we were all engulfed in a group hug.

We ate our lunch up and headed for our last classes which we all had together.

Kim as always was sleeping and the substitute teacher hit his head with a book earning himself a scowl from Kim.

Avery had thrown sarcastic remarks here and there as I laughed.

The day went on so fast and we stood in the parking lot waiting for our ride.

"Why didn't you bring the baby?" Avery cried again.

"Jace brought me. "I shrugged. "My car is coming from home anytime soon. So worry not. "

We stood there with Kim who made fun of how we had to wait for a junior to drive us off laughing like it was the funniest sight he knew.

Jace finally pulled up in front of us. " And here comes Jacey baby. " Avery yelled loudly.

We all waved Kim goodbye.

"Tiana, you're taking the front seat." Jace said looking at Avery's with a smirk.

"Woa, easy there boy. I don't care as long as I get home,Jacey baby."
Avery smirked back at him raising her hands in mock surrender.

Jace drove off from the school grounds and there was a day gone without seeing my so called fiance. Exactly how am always stuck in situations alone. I couldn't help but wonder why Declan was literally blaming it all on me. I hadn't chosen that to happen either. I still had a life to live.

_________________________

Quite short
VOTE AND COMMENT
Love you 😘❤️