Chapter 33

Cause you're a piece of me
I wish I didn't have
Chasing relentlessly
Still and I don't know why

Clarity - Zedd feat Foxes

My head was spinning looking at the two people I couldn't get myself to understand. My mom and dad.

"I am so sorry, Declan." My dad looked at me muttering.

"Just spill it!" I yelled frustration eating me up.

"Ann is not..... " He stopped looking at her smirking face.

"Tell him Reinherd." She urged him still smirking.

"Ann is not your biological mother." My dad's said lowly but the silence in the room made every word crystal clear.

I didn't know how to react. I looked from him to her back and forth unaware of what to think or what to do.

"Wow, " I chuckled halfheartedly
Feeling an intense lump in my throat.

"Please say something." My dad looked at me with hopeful eyes. I had spent quite long without saying anything now.

"What can I say?" I shrugged. "My whole life was a lie." I laughed but very bitterly. Now I knew what was wrong, I had lived a lie. I now knew why the woman I had called mother had changed just now but I had nothing to do about it.

"I am sorry." My dad said. He had said this many more times and it was getting irritating with each passing second.

"Now that you know," The woman smiled but it didn't look genuine like all the smiles she had manipulated me with. But had she manipulated me? Or was I just a naive boy? "You should hear the whole story, King Jr." She looked at her face still plastered with the smile.

Did I want to know anything else? This was also just so hard to digest so did I want to know what else she had to say?

But I wanted to know everything. So I nodded my head.

"Well, it's going to be a bumpy ride dear," She chuckled and started off. "Well, like I said, you're not my son, you're just too pathetic to be."

"Godamnit just get to the point." I knew I was not her son but she didn't have to scrape it over my face. My dad held his head in hand silently listening in to everything.

"It was just after I had given birth to my son whom I am sure you have met, Mason Grey. A great lad who knows what life really is unlike you." I should have known that son of a bitch. "I wanted a job and money to raise my son and to say I was struggling would be a low statement." I hated her sob story but I wanted to know. I had every right to know, didn't I?

"Two years later, I met him." She pointed to my dad who was still in the same position. "He had everything i needed, the money. But I also had what he wanted, a mother. You were a little baby who had lost his mother during birth, sad I know." She went on thoughtfully. "But your father being his selfish and mean self, asked me to leave my son behind and take care of you."

"I had no option after all, I wanted the money. I left my son and my sick lover and took care of you but in  my heart, I wanted him to pay for the things he made me sacrifice. Chosing between him and my son was the hardest thing but he saw it as if it was the swiftest move I could make.

Anyway so, with different events leading to another, I made a mistake. A mistake I regret till this day and got pregnant with Mia. I hated myself for that, ever falling for the charms of a selfish man like your father but since I had everything I wanted, I could leave. Right?

I planned everything well with you in the middle, I won all your trust, turned you against your own father which was all I wanted for revenge. My son hated me so Reinherd could never get away with anything at all." She said smiling like it was the best memory she had.

"I finally got out of the devil's clutches, I had the money and the sort of revenge I needed but most of all, I left him as vulnerable as I found him. A little baby with no mother." 

I sighed, all the time I grieved over her, she was with her son living happily. I wanted to hate her so much but no, I couldn't. All that crowded my brain was one thing, growing up with her as my mother. Memories of her being there for me even with wrong intentions were all I knew then.

My vision blurred, I had lived a perfect lie. I looked up to see my dad with tears looking at me apologetically. I had nothing to say to him because right then, I didn't know how to feel about him anymore.

The thought of Mia being called a mistake hurt but this was all my father's mistake. I wanted to blame everything on him but he was vulnerable as the woman I called my mother my whole life called him.

After she had left, I remembered the nights my dad would come home only to look at Mia and disappear back to his office. My dad had gone through alot but in the end, it all was Karma.

And for the first time then, I realized one thing. My biological mother. My biological mother was dead and the sad part was I had never seen her. I wanted to know her, maybe she would have made me a happy young boy like all the boys my age.Other boys my age were having parties but me, I was spending sleepless nights in my study preparing for the future, the one I didn't even know anything about.

My thoughts were crowded. I didn't know what to think anymore. It was a lot to put together.

Imagine waking up one morning and you realize the person you called your mother was just not your mother biologically but some manipulator who did everything for the people she loved who were in actual sense not you. Realising that you were just a bridge to her happy ever after.

I was finally pulled back out of my thoughts by someone clearing their voice to see her. The woman I didn't know anymore.

"You choose so fast but I know for sure if you are wise and know the type of person I am, you wouldn't give Mia to me but who am I to decide." She gestured with her hands dramatically. "The Kings are just bad decision makers." She shrugged.

Looking at her say all that made me realize one thing, I had wasted my whole life grieving over her.

I wanted to get away from here, I didn't care what my dad would chose anymore. It was his damn property and life so he could deal with it.

With that, I stood up and walked to the door.

I was mid way to the door but got pulled back, I looked back to find my dad looking at me pained. "What else do you have to reveal?" I looked back at him. "That you're not my father?"  I exclaimed throwing my hands up in the air.

"I am sorry, Declan. You had every right..... Every right to know but I hid it from..." He was saying looking me in the eye but I cut him off.

"Yeah, you hid it from me. Can you change it now?" I asked but he didn't respond still gripping my wrist. "Can you? No you can't but you can do one thing for me right now."

" I will do anything to make it up to you but I am sorry,son." Tears were falling freely down his cheeks.

"Get your fuckin hands off me and let me go." I said pulling away like he had some contagious disease making his face drop. "I want to get away from YOU."

With that, he let me go and I left him. I hurried out of the elevator to the parking lot where I had left my car. I was getting looks but I didn't care.

I finally sat in my car and let tears fall freely down my cheeks. I would never get over this. It hurt so much that I wanted to tell it to stop. I wanted to hit my head and lose every small memory I had so that I would never even get it again. I wish it was that easy.

I knew one way to get this off my mind and a sadistic smirk crept up my face. I picked my phone and called the one person I trusted to be there for me right now.

______________________________

Vote and comment if you liked it.
Guess who he called, Quite obvious, huh?

Ly

♡♡♡