Chapter 26

Hey......
I know there are some things we need to talk about
But I can't stay
Just let me hold you for a little longer......

~Never be alone- Shawn Mendes~

It was finally Friday and we were seated at our lunch table. Declan sat beside me on the right and Avery sat on my other side. Taylor sat on the edge next to Avery and Alec sat on the other side next to Declan. Kim had been sitting quietly opposite Alec  with Harvey and Harry next to him.

They had all been making small conversation as I felt Declan's hand on my thigh creating small circles on my thigh. The gesture sent heat all over my body.

"What shall we do for the weekend?" Harry finally asked. Harry was not a great talker. He only talked where needed but I also realized that he is a great tease.

"We can hang out at Taylor's penthouse." Harvey suggested.

Alec who had been abnormally quiet objected, "However much love I have for Taylor, I don't want to hang out at his. Atleast not this weekend."

"Then tell us what you want to do grumpy asshole." Taylor scowled loudly from his seat. The two tended to bicker alot which was entertaining.

"You know asshole isn't abusive in my vocabulary." Alec shrugged.

Declan continued to make small circles on my thigh as he spoke, "I will ask Kayla whether we can hangout at her lake house." He shrugged as he shoved his salad into his mouth.

"Yas." Taylor fist pumped the air in celebration. "As long I get to see that hot woman for the weekend." He said earning a shove from Avery.

"You realize the hot woman is my mother, idiot." She scolded him.

"Taylor has had a crush on your mom his whole life." Harvey said nonchalantly. "He also has a crush on her daughter. I think it's the family charm." Avery was a while blushing mess when Harvey said Taylor had a crush on her.

"That so gross. Stop talking about my mom like that." Avery said quietly. Wierd. She is the loudest person I know.

"So we can get going today after school since we have no classes the last two periods. I am sure she will let us use it." Declan said and then turned back to me. "I get to spend the weekend with my fiance." He whispered so that I was the only one who could hear.

"And I get to spend the weekend with a jerk." I deadpanned jokingly

"Oh, you hurt my ego there babe." He said turning back to the rest of our friends who were excitedly talking about their plans. Avery was lost in a conversation with Taylor and Kim was busy picking from Harry's tray. The two seemed to get along which was unexpected. It had taken me so long to get a word out of Harry and not like I ever got any. He only talked when he was around Harry and the rest. Alec was looking down at his food with a frown. Poor baby.

Declan's hand which had been on my thigh started making its way further sending electricity through my body. A blush crept up my cheeks and he smirked knowingly. Avery who had been consumed in an argument with Taylor turned to me, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am fine." I smiled back up at her.

"You're sure?" She asked again but I could see a mischievous smile on her face.

"Yah babe, your face has changed colour. Is it hot?" Declan faked innocence knowing what he had done.

"I am fine." I hated the attention everyone at the table was giving me. I looked at Kim who had a knowing smirk on his face.