Chapter 18

It was not happening again. Tears were streaming down my cheeks freely.

I looked at my phone screen again, maybe the text would be gone but it wasn't.

Unknown number: Your mom got a miscarriage. I am sorry,baby.

Why couldn't I be okay for once. I didn't want to attract any attention so I picked my bag and walked out of the room.

I speed walked through the hallways. I had to get to my mom because she needed me.

I called a cab and waited on the small bench. I wiped the tears on my cheeks. I scolded myself. I had to be strong for my mom because it would break her more to see me weak.

The cab came a few minutes after. I sat in the back and waited but my thoughts drifted off immediately.

I was running down the hallway of our apartment. My pigtails were messy and my clothes were wet but I was still happy. Giggling like the little girl I was.

"Mom!" I called out in my small excited voice but she didn't answer. "Mom!" I called again but she still didn't answer.

Dad had left us home to do some errands asap.

My mom was not answering me either. Didn't she want to see the family drawing I had made. I sat down pulling my knees up to my chest. I looked at the drawing of us, my mom and dad holding hands with me and my little brother who was due in two months.

I had been seated quietly wondering why mom had ignored me when I had silent whimpers.

I had been home with only my mom so who else could it have been, Ashley and Asher had left for school.

I walked back up the stairs and the whimpers got closer and closer, I stood in front of my parents' room.

"Mom!" My voice was now quiet.

"Yes sweetie," I was young but I could tell that she was not okay from just her voice.

I tip tied and pulled the door handle to their room. My mom was not in the room so I went to the bathroom.

"Mom," I called again.

"Sweetie, you can't come in." This time around,it was like my mother was crying. I didn't know what exactly I could do.

I also burst into tears. I cried loudly.

"Sweetheart, calm down. I am fine." She said reassuringly but before she could finish, she cried out loudly.

My instincts were to immediately run to see my mom.

I opened the bathroom door and the sight infront of me was what the the most horrible sight ever.

My mom sat on the floor in her my dad's white shirt but the shirt was stained with red. It was blood.

I didn't know what to do but I was panicking. I knelt down next to her.

"Baby, go and get the phone." My mom told me.

I ran back to the room and picked my mom's phone taking it to her.

She dialed my dad's number but before he could pick up, the little energy she was left with gave away. I started panicking.

As a kid,I didn't know what was wrong or what I could do but seeing my passed out mom on the floor only made me cry.