Chapter 7

Declan King and Mr Reinherd, Avery's uncle sat on the opposite. Declan had blank stare as he looked at me not surprised at all.

Mr. Reinherd looked at me with a smile,"You're Aver's friend who came over. I can't believe it's you again."

I smiled towards him and looked at my dad with a questioning look which was more of a signal for him to explain.

"Okay, Here is my daughter Tiana London. And Tee baby, meet Mr Reinherd King and his son Declan King." I smiled which am sure didn't come off as expected extending my hand for them to shake.

"Nice meeting you two."

"Nice meeting you again kiddo." Mr Reinherd said.

My mom cleared her voice,"So sweetie, we wanted you to meet our business partner and his son."she said and looked at my dad. Something was fishy because my parents tend to look at each other for assurance when they are nervous to tell me something.

"How about we get to the point?" For the first time, Declan spoke. I did not even know what to expect from this conversation and my mind wasn't processing a  thing.

"So... " Mr Reinherd started off. "The two companies decided to sign something I don't know whether you can understand...." He smiled at me. Wherever this was heading, I didn't know

"It's about strengthening our ties." My mom explained.

"Thank you." Mr Reinherd continued motioning to my mom." You and Declan,my son are going to get engaged."

Whoaaaaaaa this new information was so hard to digest. I looked at the three elders here for an explanation. Maybe assuarance that maybe that was a new term in business. Maybe engaged in a friendship,right?? My head was spinning. If this meant what I was thinking,I don't know what my life would be.

"You guys are going to live in together but obviously with the Madison's supervision. If all goes well, maybe you two could get married in the end." He explained further.

So this was it, my life was done and ruined for good. I was getting engaged to the boy who has hated me from first sight though the feelings were mutual anyway. I was not yet even eighteen. I had a life to live.

"Sweetie, say something." I hadn't realised how long  I had been out for but I had nothing to say now.

"If you don't want, it's okay." My dad held my hand in his. "We thought we would give it a try. Okay?"

I felt a pang of guilt hit me. My parents wanted this, they had done so much for me, put up with my expulsions and offered me enough. I know it's their duty but I can't help but feel bad.

The look on my Dad's face triggered even more guilt. He looked hopeful and so did my mom. I had no more time for this  because I was quite sure it wouldn't work so I would eventually come back to them. At least my conscious said.

"Okay. I will."

It was like my answer was the best words that came from my mouth. The three elders were showered with relief unlike someone who sighed dramatically.

"Everything is ready. You guys are moving in today. You will be going to school still." My mom scowled. I gave a plastic smile for the a hundredth time today.

"So?" Mr Reinherd looked at me with light in his eyes. "Aren't you leaving with us?"

"Yeah she should. Her car will be delivered later today."

This was going on too fast and the person with whom I had in this, was dead silent.

"Come, I will help you pack." My mom was technically dragging me up stairs.