Chapter 17

Time heals.........

I extended my arm to switch off my alarm. I hadn't had a good night's sleep since Saturday night. I had been in my room the whole of the previous day but to day was a school day. I felt quite better.

I walked to the bathroom to do my daily morning routine. I looked at myself in the m
irror and surprisingly, my eyes were not even puffy from all the crying.

I got under the shower and let the water run down my body. I tried not to think about what was going to happen next. My thoughts had been all about why Declan had kissed me. Why he had done all he had done but I wasn't going to crowd my mind with those thoughts. I still felt positive that I was going to be fine. Pathetic, huh.

I heard clicking sounds and the sound of the door opening. I expected someone to call me out but they didn't. I heard slight shuffling and the door closed again. I sighed in relief. Avery had managed to give me enough space which I was thankful for.

I walked out of the bathroom after my skin care routine and back to the room to dress up.

I was going to the closet but got shocked when I saw clothes arranged on the bed. They were mine but I hadn't put them there. A pair of brown joggers and a sweater. I appreciated whoever chose them because they were comfortable but no, they were too hideous. I actually had just bought them for cold days at school but I wasn't planning on wearing them today.

I picked the outfit up but a pink note took me by surprise. I opened it,

Morning Princess,

Put these on.
Wear the ring that is in the box too and get down for breakfast.

D.K

I was fuming by the time I got done reading the note. I knew Declan had written it. Was he chosing for me what to wear? I looked around for the ring and saw a maroon velvet box. I opened it and there was an engagement ring. Oh he had guts and knew exactly what to do to annoy me.

I would have awed at the beauty of it if it wasn't in such circumstances but I didn't.

With all the anger I had, I walked to my closet and picked a black leather skirt that only went mid thigh and a black crop vest.
I wore my ankle length boots held my hair in a ponytail, wore a little bit of make up, shoved the ring into my backpack and went downstairs.

I found Edith in the kitchen and greeted her. "Good morning, Ed."

She turned around to recognize but a quick flash of surprise crossed her face. What was wrong with me. She covered it up immediately and greeted me back with a small smile.

"What can I make you for breakfast, ma'am?" She asked.

"Just a bowl of cereal. And don't call me ma'am, please." I said trying to sound polite. My voice was abit hoarse from the crying.

"Okay." She passed me a box of chocopops and milk.

I made myself a bowl and started eating quietly.

I was waiting for Declan's reaction after seeing me but I didn't feel intimidated at all. I felt confident. I just hoped he wouldn't shatter it.

__________________________

I waited in the sitting room as instructed by Edith since I was driving to school with Declan. I would have left already but my car keys were with Jace but he was gone to the lake house.