Chapter 10

Am on my way
Driving at 90down those country lanes
Singing to tiny dancer
And I miss the way you make me feel it's real
When we watched the sunset over the castle on the hill.

"Castle on the hill_ Ed Sheeran"

"Am sorry kids, this is really urgent. Edith will be here with you for all the two weeks we shall be away. Behave." Kayla said waving all of us goodbye.

It's now three days since the abrupt engagement and Declan still comes in rarely though he still talks nonsense around me.

Kayla was leaving for a trip and now the house was left to us with the caretaker.

"So, " Avery threw herself into the couch like she was in deep thought. "How about we throw a party?" She looked up at me and Jace with expectant eyes. We three were getting along really well and Jace was hanging out with us more often and even on school grounds.

"Easy there. We don't want to get in trouble." Jace said cautiously and I nodded in agreement.

"You're all boring. I will call Kim and we prepare for the party." She shrugged it off reaching for her phone.

"We all know Kim isn't in." Jace whispered in my ear as we watched her talk.

And turned out Kim wasn't ready but he was coming over.

"We should go pick Carson and Mia up. I am sure the party is over. " I said getting up with Jace leaving Avery passed out on the couch.

"Please, let me drive. I won't hurt the beautiful monster. " Jace pleaded to drive my car as he had found a name for it.

"Arg fine. " I handed him the keys and got in the car.

"Thank you so much. You're the best Sister in law ever." I hate this boy for calling me that.

He got in the driver's side and we drove off.

We drove quietly and stopped on the red light. " You know you're too good for Declan." Jace said all of a sudden.

I thought quietly, maybe It was negative or positive. But I was going through a shitty life which I hadn't chosen for him.

"Maybe he has reasons for the way he acts." I reasoned as we continued driving.

" But that doesn't mean to make your life shitty for those reasons. You don't deserve it." Jace said.

_______________

We pulled up into the drive way with Carson and Mia fighting in the back over a toy which belonged to Case but Mia wanted it.

"Enough guys. We are home." I wasn't good at comforting kids so I just smiled at them.

"Yaaaaay, home." Mia skipped out of the Jeep and it had worked.

Carson ran after her with me and Jace following them into the house.

" We can't throw a fuckin party." Kim was trying to get Avery to understand but she was  still very adamant.