Chapter 30

Even though we both know we are liars
And we start each other's fires
We just know that we will be alright.............
I

don't wanna be somebody without your body

Close to me - Ellie Goulding, Diplo, Swae Lee

It was finally Monday. I was snuggled up in the covers too tired to wake up after the long weekend.

We had driven back the previous evening and since then, I had been catching up on sleep though I had to finally wake up and head to school.

School was going to be hectic today. I thought to myself.

The shower was running since Declan had decided to take it first. He didn't have school today. He had told me that his dad wanted him to catch up on some business stuff but he still offered to drive me to and from school.

He finally got out of the bathroom,"I prepared your bath." He said as he walked to the closet.

"Thanks." I mumbled. Grumpy much.

Once I was done with my morning routine, I walked downstairs for breakfast which was waffles.

The place was quiet indicating everyone was either asleep or already out. I ate my breakfast quietly with just a little shuffling from Edith as she did her duties.

Declan was waiting for me at the door with an emotionless face. That must have been the effects of the long weekend.

He led me to his car and drove off to school. Once we were parked in the lot, he turned to me. "Nice day." He pecked me on the lips and with that, we parted ways.

The rest of the school day went on with me groaning and Kim whining and sleeping any chance he got. "We shouldn't have come." Kim said as he lay his head on my lap while we sat at our usual spot behind the main school building.

"I now know why Avery is not a Monday person." The comfortable silence consumed us making Kim drift off to sleep. His orange hair spreading across his light facial features.

When lunch period was up, the rest of the day went on at a snail pace. I felt relief as the final bell rung. We walked to the parking lot where I decided to text Declan as we waited near Kim's car.

Me: Hey, you're still picking me up?

I sent the text and waited for a reply but didn't get any. I didn't want to be annoying since he had said he would be busy. Maybe he was caught up doing whatever he was good at and didn't see the text.

"You're driving me home, Kim. Looks like Declan won't come." I informed him.

"Yeah, anyway. I was going to apologise to Avery." He bent his head not meeting eye contact with me.

I had scolded him in the morning for not being there for Avery when she needed him. He was just insecure that Taylor would take Avery from him since he was her bestfriend in the first place before he came in.

"You better." I scowled as we entered his car and drove off.

______________________________

"Novels are better than movies, dumbass." Avery knocked her knuckles on Kim's forehead making him groan.

We had been sitting on Avery's bed watching movies the whole evening but the two took it upon themselves to bicker about everything but I was glad they were back to normal.