Chapter 16

Mason pecked me on the cheek and watched me enter the gate to confirm I was gone. I was smiling to myself. I wished Declan was like Mason.

I didn't want to ruin my night by thinking about him so I went into the house.

The house was quiet apart from contious soft thuds in the living room. I walked to the living room to see who was there.

I came face to Declan who was bouncing on his one leg. His hands were entwined under his chin. He was staring away into space.

I cleared my voice to get his attention and he immediately looked up at me.

His eyes were very dark and his hair was messy like he had been running his fingers through it. He immediately walked up to me and held my shoulders in a strong grip.

"Where the fuck were you?" He seemed frustrated.

"What do you mean?" I asked faking confusion.

"Don't play dumb, Tiana. Where were you?" He was now starting to raise his voice at me. I didn't want to break down yet so I kept my composure.

"It's non of your business?" I wasn't sure but I managed to pull myself out of his strong grip.

"It's my business. You're my fiance. I get to know why you weren't reachable the whole day." His jaw was clenched tight and he was pointing his index finger at me.

"It's not your business. I am my own person. I do what I want, and go where I want. You don't tell me what to do." I was getting frustrated and I didn't know what was wrong with him.

"We'll look here,Tiana. I own you." He said calmly but venomously.

"No you don't." I deadpanned.

The next thing I knew, he was swinging his arm into a lamp making it fall and shatter.

"You're mine. You belong to me, Tiana London. And I promise to prove that to you." He said as he pointed his index finger between me and himself.

"No you don't." My voice was small. I was scared but I had to stand my ground.

"Yes! Fuckin yes."

Before I could know what was happening, he moved forward and pressed his lips to mine. They were soft and cold and tasted like cinnamon mint.

I was shocked and didn't know what to do. He moved his lips gently but I was still dumbstruck.  He realized I wasn't moving and made his own lips move faster groaning in frustration. I found myself moving my lips in sync with his.

He bit my lower lip for entrance but I did not grant him. Still groaning, he moved his hands up and down my body. Gently, he  grabbed my ass. I gasped and he took that as cue to slide his tongue into my lips for exploration.

I didn't know what I was doing but I knew I shouldn't let him kiss me. I pushed him away sending him stumbling backwards with a shocked expression and ran up the stairs before he could recover from the shock.

I felt numb. My life had made a huge turn In just three weeks. He couldn't mean what he was saying, right?.

I closed the door to the room and locked it sliding down to the floor. I cried my eyes out. What had my parents done to me? I sobbed quietly not knowing what to do.

I stood up but my legs felt numb. I went to the bathroom. Stripping naked, I started the shower. I let the water wash away my tears. I stood there for what felt like minutes but it had been hours.

I walked to bed after changing. I didn't want the next day to come and show me what my life had really turned into. I wanted it to stay dark outside and with me in the slightly lit room crying my eyes balls out. I coiled myself into the covers but Declan's venomous voice was all that came to mind. His cologne and after shave were all that filled the air I was breathing. It was pleasant but frustrating. All the time I thought we were catching up was a lie. He was a jerk. And nothing was going to change.