Chapter 34

I can take rejection
But you gave me an impression That this was an inception of something real

~The way you felt - Alec Benjamin~

                        🌻

Reading the simple note again, I smiled. I had already forgiven that jerk.

I had woken up today morning to find a note on the dresser.

    Hey babe,
Meet me at Hale Residence,005
Please!
Sorry.

Nice day at school
King Jr.

School was taking longer than normal but at longest last, evening came and I was going to prepare.

"What's with the smile,dummy?" Kim asked as we walked to the parking lot.

"Thought I was the only who saw you smile alot and alone today." Avery stopped looking at me.

A blush crept up on my cheeks, "Can't a girl smile when she wants." I shrugged walking ahead of them the smile still plastered on my face.

"Noooo, it's 'Cant a girl smile because of her man."  Avery said making air quotes with her nails.

"Whatever." I tried to get it off but I was so wrong.

"Seriously, tell us. What did Declan give you last night,the D."  Kim asked making me scowl. Seriously?

"Are you even for real? Not at all." I yelled at the two in frustration but they just smirked at me.

"Why are you getting so worked up if he didn't give it to you?" Avery asked still smirking. I wanted to peel that off her stupid little face.

"Urgh, whatever. Let's just drive home. I have somewhere to be." I walked ahead of them to my car.

When they finally caught up to me, Kim gave us goodbye hugs and rode off on his bike.

I was going to drive away when I saw Jace running to catch up to us.

"Drive!" Avery yelled at me after seeing him.

"We can't leave him." I protested.

"Fuck, now I have to listen to a talk box  my whole way home because I couldn't get my own driver's license." She sighed throwing her hands in the air dramatically.

Jace finally caught up to us, "Hey favorite sis." She hugged Avery from behind.

"Whatever, just get your hands off me." She slapped his hands away.

"Hey sister-in-law, can I drive?" He was still giving me his pleading eyes.

"There's no way in hell you're driving a car I am seated in." Avery immediately cut off his act making me laugh.

We drove back home quietly. Avery on her phone and Jace listening to his music in his phone.

We stopped at the red light when Avery broke the silence.

"Drop me off at the park on our way home." She said smiling brightly.

"Who's at the park?" I immediately asked.

"No one y'all need to know about." She said looking back at her phone.

"Or Taylor,huh?" I asked making her blush. "I knew it." I said as we drove ahead.

I dropped her off on the way leaving me with Jace who had already dosed off.

_______________

We entered the quiet house, "Where's everyone?" Jace asked particularly nobody since myself, I didn't know.