Chapter 14

I was driving back home with Tiana sulking in the passenger seat of my car. I had been thirty minutes late after school and being the impatient girl she is, she had been pouting the whole drive.

It was now Friday and a week since me and her had started to progress. I felt protective of her because I was indebted to her. I felt the need to protect her since she had been raised like a princess. I was not going to take that away from her because I was jealous she had everything. Loving parents who loved her and gave her anything she wanted. She was their first priority as Kaitlyn had called me several times to make sure she was fine.

"How about I make it up to you?" I asked as I looked at her.

She was biting her lip to suppress a grin. She was so cute...... "Hmmmm.... Is it worth it?" She asked tapping her chin thoughtfully.

"It's me we are talking about. Everything I do is worth it." I sassed.

"Bring it on, King." She looked at me waiting.

"I take you to your parents tonight." I knew she missed her parents so I had to do something about it. I wasn't going to be a meanie and since Kaitlyn had told me they were back, I thought I would ask them to take her over.

"Wow, you will?" There was a glit of light in her eyes as she looked at me. I tried to focus on the road not to look in her big brown eyes.

"Told ya. I knew you would like it." I smirked.

She looked away muttering a whatever. And way to ruin the mood. She was back to being moody.

This whole week hadn't been bad as I made sure to keep her around myself. I don't know why but I was going by my instincts. I wanted to spend time with her. I had driven her to school the whole week and we had all our meals together with Avery and Kim.

I drove through the open gate and pulled up in the empty parking spot. " Go get ready. We should reach your parents by 7pm." With that, I left.

I was being grumpy again and I didn't care but somehow, I still felt like I had to be nice to her.

Alec too had influenced me to be all nice to her.

"We are leaving in thirty minutes by the way, you might want to get ready." I said as I opened the door for us.

Tiana ran up the stairs immediately as I went to the living room. Mia sat on Edith's lap and the house was quiet apart from the movie they were watching. Meaning Carson was with his brother Jace and maybe my rebellious cousin Avery was not home yet.

She tended to stay at Kim's place alot.

Mia immediately jumped into my arms. "Hey Deck," she said in between giggles.

"Hey princess,how was school?" I asked as I sat her comfortably around my hip.

She filled me in about her day. As she was still talking, Kayla appeared from the back door with her bright smile engulfing both of us in a bone crushing hug.  "How are you two?" She pulled away. She was just so good at expressing her affection all the time.

She was the mother Mia never had and I was grateful.

"All good. How about you? How's everything?" I asked her.

"Just perfect." Her life was perfect like she always referred to it.

You can imagine, a loving husband who is filthy rich and ready to spend his time with you.  Kids who were perfect. What else could she need. I envied her family.

I sometimes found myself wishing my dad was like his twin brother, Richie. My mom always told me that the influence of a man is what made his family.