Chapter 20

It's the new normal
Hard for us to live
Hard to understand
You found your way but it's never enough
Though its been tough for you

New normal- Khalid

___________________________________

It was Friday and I was driving from the hospital with Kim and Avery. They have been insisting on coming to see my mom with me. We would spare time during lunch breaks and leave school but today we decided to come after school.

I was getting better and alot better. Alec had also been coming with us along with Harvey but they had to hang out with the rest of the guys today.

"So Harvey asked you out to on a date?" Kim asked again with disbelief. Back to this conversation.

"Yah but as a friend." Avery turned leaning against the front seats where I sat with Kim.

"Whatever," Kim shrugged it off and went on driving. They had been repeating the same lines since Avery talked about the date.

"Why did Taylor leave the table when Harvey told everyone?" I wondered out loud.

We had been on Declan's lunch table today with his friends when Harvey had reminded Avery about their hangout or date or whatever they concluded to call it.

"It's his problem. The fact that he doesn't like me doesn't mean others don't like me." Avery hit her back in her seat.

"And that, my friend, Is where you're wrong." Kim turned to look at her.

"Look back on the road, dumbass." Avery pushed his forehead. " And I am not wrong, he hated me since the first year of high school but I don't even care."

From what I knew, Taylor and Avery had been bestfriends since childhood but later, Taylor started hating on her. Like some high school love story.

"What if he really likes you?" I also asked.

"I didn't know my two best friends are saying this. Even if he likes me, I would never in a million years like him back. And change the topic." Avery said pointedly.

"What else is there to talk about apart from your gradually growing love triangle?" Kim smirked.

From the mirror, I saw Avery's evil smile make its way to her face. " We can talk about Alec Martinez. How about that?"

Kim's smirk immediately dropped. I was laughing from my seat so hard. Their bickering was what made me better everyday.

"No, we are not talking about him in my car. If you want to,then get out." Kim argued.

"Whatever you say, Zachary." Avery grinned like an evil witch.

"Argh, you're so annoying." Kim said but I could swear I saw him blush. I wanted to find out about her history with Alec.

We pulled up at the house and Kim left saying he had to babysit. I offered to help but he had said it's fine.

"Well, let's go get you decked up for your man is coming to pick you for the night." I exclaimed as we walked in. As usual, the house was quiet. Kayla and the kids were coming on Sunday evening.

Declan must have been hanging out at Taylor's since it was their plan for after school.

We picked snacks and went straight to Avery's room. "Soo....."
I said falling onto her bed on my back. I felt abit relaxed.

"Okay, you guys know that I don't like Harvey like that, right?" She asked with a serious expression.

"Maybe you do or you don't." I said nonchalantly just to annoy her.