± Devil's Origin ±

10,000 BC

Long, long ago, there was a small island in the middle of the ocean and one this small island lived a tribe of peaceful dwellers who had thrived there for centuries, living upon the land and sea and praising their gods as times go. 

One this little island lived a young woman, a curious being who always sat by the coast, looking out into the vast ocean, wondering what else lies beyond the blue sea. 

One day, as she sat by the coast, with the sun dripping down its honey aura on her warm colored skin, a stranger had approached her, a man she's has never seen before. 

Of course she was alarmed. This man did not look like any of the people in her tribe, nor did he speak like them at their first encounter. He was tall with a lean yet athletic build, much like the warriors in her tribe, yet his skin was slightly fair, but with just a touch of amber to give him a glow. 

He had very long jet black hair, far darker than the people on the island, and his eyes, a rich color brown mixed with a speckles of red, something she has never seen before in a human. 

His name was Minho.

Minho proved to be a gentlemen, assuring the woman he meant no harm and was but a mere traveler passing by looking for a trade. 

Curious, the woman wondered how Minho ended up on the island. She always believed her and her people were the only ones this far out into the ocean. 

"There is a whole world out there, a world filled with mystery and adventure." he tells her, sparking her interest, slowly gaining her trust. 

"Adventure." she repeats, wanting to see this vast world that lies beyond the ocean. 

Minho nods, seeing the excitement in her eyes, using that as his motive to stay on the island. 

They talked a lot after their first encounter, Minho quickly picked up on her language to make her feel comfortable around him. He told her stories of his adventures, from fighting large beasts and sailing the seas with the titans of the ocean known as whales, to meeting kings and queens and emperors from far away lands. 

She would sit on the warm sand and watch him with awestruck eyes, falling deeper and deeper under the spell of temptation. The temptation to leave the island in search of this adventure. 

"Come with me. I will show you the world, and beyond." he tells her one day while both were sitting by the coast, hiding under the shadows of the palm trees from the suns harsh rays. 

The woman tells him no, her eyes red and cheeks stained with tears. She tells him that she has been betrothed, and must marry the son of the village chief for her initiation of her turning twenty-one. 

"It's a tradition with all the woman in the island. At twenty-one, one of us is chosen to become the bride of the new village chief. I have been chosen..."

She is somber and heartbroken. Her dreams of leaving the island crushed. 

But Minho was not going to let her dreams of leaving the island turn to dust. During his stay, they had grown quite close, close enough for him to develop feelings for her. 

"Do you even love him?" he asks. 

She scowls, disgust and anger evident in her eyes. "No." she says, her tone dripping with bitterness. "That man is a monster. And I am chosen to wed such a monster." she wants to cry again, Minho can tell just by the way her lower lip quivers. 

"Have you ever been in love?" he asks. It's a random question, but it did catch her off guard. 

"No...I don't believe I have. In fact...I'm not so sure what love really is. I've never experienced it before."