Twenty-Four

TW: kidnapping, starvation, depression, and other things that may be a trigger. You have been warned.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Kaminari kept you as away from other people in the base as he could. It's been weeks; your face was probably all over Japan as a missing person. You refused to eat and hardly slept, keeping your eyes and ears open to any suspicious activity.

Locked in a room where quirk usage was impossible, you were currently sitting on the bed that Kaminari gave you, a plate of cold food to your right. You stared at the blank TV, the remote somewhere where you most likely didn't want to know. The door crept open, the noise slightly startling you and causing you to look over.

Kaminari's wedged boots clicked as he entered the room. "Did you eat?" He asked, his eyes glazed over with slight concern. You stayed silent as you picked up the plate and handed it to him. The blonde gave a disappointed sigh.

"(Name), starving yourself isn't going to help solve the problem," he said sternly. "I'm already wasting away sitting here; it's just speeding up the process," you replied. Kaminari kept quiet, taking the plate and tossing it in the empty garbage can.

"I have someone who wants to see you," he whispered. You met his gaze with your dead one, cocking an eyebrow. "If it's your dad, I don't wanna see him," you replied, staring back at the blank TV, almost robotically. Kaminari fought the urge to frown, stuck his hand out the door, and invited your visitor to your room.

The sound of heels clicked slowly against the floor as if the person was hesitant to see you. You moved your head back towards the door, shifting your body to get more comfortable. Your eyes widened as a melanin-enriched-skinned cat boy entered your vision.

Taiga's ears hung lowly against his head, his vision cast downwards. His tail flicked with anxiety, picking at his fingernails before moving to smooth out his slightly frilly pink skirt.

"Taiga?!" You shouted. The male flinched at your tone of voice, tears already pricking at his eyes. "I'm sorry, (Name)... I'm so so sorry..." he whispered. "I didn't want to... I didn't- I was so scared..." Panic and anxiety, along with guilt, jumbled together in his mind. His shoulders shook violently as silent, heavy sobs escaped his body. Kaminari immediately took the shorter boy into his arms to comfort him, placing his hands close to the small of his back and in between his shoulder blades. The blonde whispered soft, encouraging words and occasionally pressing his lips against the crown of his forehead.

Taiga's sobs slowly became softer and softer, resulting in nothing but sniffles and puffy eyes. You watched this go down, all in confusion.

How long has Taiga been associated with Kaminari?

How many others were there?

Is he good or bad?

Does anyone else know?

Is Eijirou coming soon?

Questions ran throughout your brain, eventually becoming more and more confused. "What the hell is going on?" you asked, now craving for answers.

Taiga took a long breath, attempting to get his shit together. "Why are you here?" You asked. "I'll tell you for him," Kaminari said.

"He joined my father for the money. He comes from a poor background, determined to take care of his parents and siblings. He had no idea what his job consisted of until shit started going down. He tried going against the thought of kidnapping you and had some that agreed with him. But my father insisted as you can tell. My father doesn't know how to take no for an answer." The last sentence seemed darker than it should be. It gave you the chills.