Six

"I'm gonna go get some coffee down at the cafe if you wanna come," you said to Mina. "We have a coffee maker here, you know that right?" She replied.

"Bakugou burned his hand on it and broke it. He's ordering a new one," you replied, recalling the funny memory.

"Alright. Just be careful," the pink skinned girl warned. You smiled and nodded, before grabbing your handbag and rushing out the door.

The air grew warmer as spring grew near, meaning spring break was not too far off, then the beginning of the second year. You knew your caretakers would be out of town for the week of spring break, so you were probably going to end up spending it alone. Unless Mina offers to go to a mall or something.

You let out a sigh as you continued down the street, your favorite coffee shop coming into view. The coffee shop always managed to ease your stress. It was quiet and cozy, and even had a little library connected to it if you needed to study.

Whenever you were upset, Kirishima always took you there, and you would talk about your problems until closing time.

The soft chiming of a bell announced your arrival as you entered the shop and smiled at the familiar barista. "Hey, (Name)! It's been a while!" She chimed. "Hey, Himawari,"  you greeted in return.

Himawari was always cheerful whenever you came in. Her strawberry blonde locks always bounced when she walked, and her ice blue eyes were always sparkling. Everytime she smiled,  her freckled cheeks would reach her eyes, it still amazed you that she was single.

Himawari took off her sunflower patterned apron before coming out from behind the counter and hugging you. "It's been too long! How have you been?" She asked, her grin growing wider. You smiled softly at the slightly taller girl.

"I've been alright. Aizawa training is still rough, but I can tell I'm getting stronger," you replied. "That's good. Now what is it today? The usual?" She asked. "You know it." You both giggled as she went back behind the counter and you chose a table to sit and wait.

As you waited, you picked at your fingernails and stared out the window. "What's someone like you doing here all alone?" A masculine voice muttered. You flinched at the sudden company beside you, and moved as close to the window as possible. "Getting a coffee? What else?" You replied, quickly getting uncomfortable with this twenty-five year old man next to you.

"We can head back to my place, if you know what I mean," he grinned, slipping his hand onto your thigh. "I'm sorry, I'm not interested, and I'm still in school," you muttered.

"That's too bad.. but age is just a number ya know? I can show you a good time," he pressed. "They said they're not interested, dipshit," a familiar voice interrupted. You peered behind the man at your savior, and quickly grinned.

"Honestly, you're kind of disgusting," Kirishima continued. "A twenty-five year old man hitting on a highschool student. One that's not even an adult yet! Gross."

"Hey man, I was here first, so I got dibs. I'm not letting this one go," the man grabbed your wrist, which started making your friend's anger start to boil over.

"They're a person! You can't call dibs on a person!" Kirishima shouted, which started to turn heads. "I just did," the man sneered.

Kirishima shot his hand out and picked up the stranger by the collar of his shirt. The shock from being grabbed freed your wrist from the man's grasp as you ducked under the table and got out the other side, and kept your distance behind your red headed friend.

"Alright, look man. They're all yours. I-I'll just leave and be on my way," the man stammered. Himawari was already calling the police as Kirishima lifted his other hand in a fist before punching the man in the nose.

The stranger squirmed until Kirishima let him go and ran out the door and into the police. Your friend quickly turned to you to ask if you were alright before checking your wrist. "Are ya sure yer okay?" He asked once more, handing you your freshly made coffee. You thanked him and Himawari before nodding and taking a sip.

"Don't ya have a coffee maker back at the dorms?" He asked. "Bakugou broke it," you answered. He chuckled at the thought of Bakugou getting angry at an inanimate object and destroying it.

You opened your handbag to dig for some money before Eijirou took it from you and closed it. "Hey, give it back!" You grumbled. He chuckled as he held it above your reach. "Shortie can't reach," he teased as you tried to get your handbag back. "I need to pay Himawari," you huffed, crossing your arms. "I already did. That's why I took it from you," he responded.

You felt heat trickle up your neck and onto your cheeks. "Y-You didn't have to do that, Eijirou," you muttered. "I know, but I wanted to," the red head grinned.

"Anyway, let's go somewhere. 'M bored as hell," he sighed, offering you his hand. You hesitantly took and he wasted no time lacing his fingers with yours. You waved a soft goodbye to a smirking Himawari who was taking a picture.

Message from Himawari🌻 3s

You both look so cute! #CoupleGoals!

Read

9:47 am

To Hima-chan 🌻

We're not dating!!

Read

9:47 am

Message from Hima-chan 🌻 1s

Not yet. 😉😘🥰

Read

9:48 am

You tried your best to fight off the heat in your cheeks, but Eijirou seemed to notice. "You're pretty cute when you get all shy and blushy like that, ya know?" He said absentmindedly.

"Wh-Wha? Hah?" You stammered. Kirishima gave you his signature toothy grin, a faint pink hue dusting his cheeks. "What? I'm an honest man, (Name). I said that you're pretty cute when you get all blushy. Actually, you're always pretty cute, ya know?"

"Kirishima Eijirou, are you flirting with me?" You grinned. "Is it working?" He asked. You nodded slowly, biting your bottom lip as his grin grew. "I would never lie to you (Name)," he murmured. You squeezed his hand and leaned your head against his shoulder. "I know Eijirou. I know."