Eighteen

KIRI WITH A CAT KIRI WITH A CAT KIRI WITH A CAT

There is mentions of gun use, knives, and a small mention of death.
———————————————————
You could say that your relationship with Kirishima had gotten through the school. Third years were giving you dirty looks, other second years kept whispering. You even found Yaoyoruzu telling first years to stay away from you because you were dating a "villain."

You weren't one to have a foul temper, but the way your own classmates turned against you made you fume. Ochaco and Tsuyu were starting to act distant, even Iida was as well. Despite knowing this was a possible outcome of you and Kirishima dating, it still pulled on your heart.

The Bakusquad still talked to you, along with Midoriya and Todoroki, and Kendou and Testsutetsu but you still felt alone. You wandered the halls of U.A, taking a longer route to the cafeteria to avoid any third or second years. First years usually just ran away.

Yaoyoruzu seemed keen on following you everywhere like a lost puppy, even though your house arrest passed weeks ago. It pissed you off, and you almost snapped at her a few times, but you had to refrain yourself.

Bakugou, Sero, and Mina became your personal bodyguards. Bakugou always led from the front, Sero on your right, Mina your left. It was comforting to say the least. Whenever you got stares, Bakugou would growl and glare, and first years, not wanting to deal with a temperamental upperclassmen, they decided to look away.

Sero and Mina always looked out for whispers, before tapping Bakugou's shoulder, who sent out small explosions from his palms. It was nice to have people protecting you, but you've never felt weaker. You wanted to be able to defend yourself. You're a second year in a hero school for god sake!

"(Name)? What's the matter?" Mina asked, noticing your glum expression. You blinked before speaking, "I'm in the top hero school of Japan... I shouldn't need to have bodyguards to point out people who whisper."

"Then do something about it," Bakugou huffed. "We're not here to fucking protect you forever. You're a goddamn hero, if you can't handle these extras spreading rumors, then how the hell are you going to when you become a hero?" "Bakugou, don't be so harsh," Sero muttered. "Fucking hell, they need to realize that they're stronger than these extras! They're weak, all of 'em!" Bakugou exclaimed.

You frowned, knowing Bakugou was mostly right. It somewhat eased you, but other things were on your mind.

***

Kaminari growled into his hands, not liking the rumors spread about you. It was just supposed to be Kirishima, you weren't even supposed to be involved. "Old man..." he growled over the phone. "What is it, my son?" His father replied.

"The plan isn't working! People are turning against my dear (Name), that's not how it's supposed to be!" Kaminari huffed. "If they get expelled, the main plan is going to crumble. Father, they're supposed to be mine!"

"I know, son. We're trying our best here. Our spy is over at the Red Mafia's base right now, hopefully finding out more weaknesses about my brother and his son," his father replied. "Try and get (Name) to start trusting you. Don't harass them or force them to do anything. You know how much your mother and I look down on that."

"You don't even love Mom, you liar," Kaminari hissed. His father chuckled on the other end of the phone. "Just get the person to trust you. You can have a little fun with the people who spread rumors. Don't kill their little friends though, they'll be devastated. Don't worry, I sent you a care package last week. It has a pistol, three magazines for ammunition, and more bullets. I also gave you a knife to play around with as well. Don't have too much fun now, Denki." The line went dead.

Kaminari grinned sickly, keeping his phone by his ear for a bit longer. "When will he realize that I don't make promises?"

***

Kirishima smiled to himself as he wandered the halls of the Red Mafia base. "What are ya smilin' about?" Eiichi asked. "Oh nothing. (Name) just asked if they could come over later for a little date," he replied.

His dad wiggled his eyebrows. "Are you guys gonna fuck-"

"Dad, no! It's too early for that!" Kirishima yelled, a furious shade of red on his face. His father laughed at his reaction, a sly smile forming on his face. "But you do want to make love to them eventually, don't you?" He asked.

Kirishima's blush reduced to a faint pink. "Well, yeah," he answered honestly. "But I want to wait until they're comfortable. I don't want to make them feel like they're obligated to, and I don't want to hurt them either. I wanna wait until they're ready."

"Manly words, Eijirou. Manly words," Eiichi responded, grinning at his son. "'s not manly, just common sense," Kirishima replied. His father continued to smile, and said, "True, but a lot of grown men don't even say that. You know what's right from wrong."

Kirishima's smile grew, happy with the words his father gave him. "Run along back home now so you can talk to them. I'm sure they'd be happy if ya did," his father said. Kirishima's smile seemed to grow wider, surprisingly, before he sprinted off in the other direction, pulling out his phone, feeling butterflies as you had already sent him a message.

From: ❤️ Future Spouse ❤️
Can we hang out at the cafe today? It's been a rough day. I'm already here.
3:47 pm
Read

He opened his car door, buckling himself before starting the engine. His thumbs quickly danced over the keyboard before he tossed his phone in the console.

To: ❤️ Future Spouse ❤️
On my way, Doll. Be there in five.
3:49 pm
Delivered

***

You grinned as Eijirou responded, taking your usual spot in the corner, Himawari pouting because you were teasing her about Bakugou not even a minute earlier.

You felt a soft kiss against your temple and glanced up to see Kirishima sliding into the booth in front of you. "Hey, Doll," he said, grinning, taking one of your hands from off the table and kissing your knuckles.

You giggled softly at the greeting, your day becoming better already. "Ya said your day was a bit rough. Wanna talk about it?" He asked, suddenly becoming serious.

You sighed before telling him about Yaoyoruzu becoming your new bully, the rumors going around about you and Kirishima, and the stress that was piling on you daily.

Your boyfriend frowned as you told him about how your day went, stroking your hands with his thumb. "I'm sorry, Doll. If I could be there, I would," he mumbled. "I know you would, Eijirou," you replied.

It was silent for a few moments before you broke it. "Eijirou?" you murmured. He hummed in response, his red orbs focusing on your (e/c) ones. "I'm thinking of leaving U.A."

"What do ya mean leaving U.A?" He asked, his voice rising slightly. "I just don't enjoy it anymore. I can't even take insults. I just... don't like it," you muttered, looking down. Kirishima let out a sigh, before leaning over the table to kiss your forehead. "I'll support ya, Doll. You know I will," he said.

You grinned before looking towards the TV, the breaking news catching your attention. "Hima, turn it up please," you said. Your friend nodded before pressing the volume on the remote, letting the words reach your ears.

"As of 3:42 pm, Flight 172 has exploded and crashed into the ocean. Heroes and investigators have already been on scene, reporting that they were no survivors, either burned to death, or drowned."

The rest of the words muted out as your eyes widened, tears softly cascading down your cheeks. "(Name).. Earth to (Name)!" You heard Himawari and Kirishima call. You turned back towards your seat watching as the droplets fell onto the wood table in front of you.

"Doll?" Kirishima mumbled. "What's the matter?" "Eijirou..." you sobbed.

"That was my parent's flight."