Twenty-Seven

You've been asleep for roughly two weeks now, at least that's what he heard from Bakugou who came to visit. How many days ago was Bakugou's last visit? He couldn't remember. Days in a prison cell passed slowly for Kirishima. After the incident, you were immediately brought to the hospital and away from Kirishima, who was arrested and sentenced to life in prison.

At least. He was supposed to be sentenced to life. Until UA staff showed up to his cell. Nezu and Aizawa looked into the younger male's lifeless red orbs, noticing the puffiness around them and the dark bags underneath. His hands were bound with chains, and he firmly believed that orange did not suit him.

"That's the one," Nezu said to the chief guard. "Sir, are you sure you want to let him free? What if he does it again?" Said the man. "He's not a criminal, he did it to protect one of our students that UA failed to protect," the mouse man replied curtly. Kirishima listened to the conversation in silence.

"We're dropping all charges against the Kirishima family, he's a Kirishima is he not?" Aizawa cut in sharply. "But sir-" the guard tried to reason, but Nezu shushed him with a wave of his... hand? Paw? Grabby thing. "You dare question my authority?" Said the... mouse? Rat? Creature.

The guard was silent, but obeyed the heroes, unlocked the cell and removed Kirishima's chains. The redhead muttered his thanks, glancing up at the guard. The older man didn't know whether to spit on the boy or pat his shoulder in condolence. He was still a teen. The man worded a small "you're welcome" and passed the boy onto the heroes. Aizawa took in his depressing features: lifeless, tired eyes; greasy, unkempt hair; basically anything far from decent human hygiene.

"We're taking you back to your place," Aizawa said to him, masking his voice to be void of any sympathy he felt for the young man. "Your father is there waiting for you." Kirishima didn't say a word as he let Aizawa and Nezu escort him to a car waiting for them. Present Mic was driving.

The car ride was silent, very little words exchanged between the three pros and the teenager. Whispers were shared between the pros, who occasionally glanced back at Kirishima only to see him staring lifelessly out the window at the trees and buildings that flashed by. Although they were wary of what he had done, he did more heroics than UA could ever do, in their opinions.

***

Kirishima walked sluggishly to the front door of the Kirishima residence, wondering what his father would say once he saw him. When he opened the door, he noticed his father and a few boys from his class helping him fix up whatever Kirishima destroyed. His former classmates hitched their breaths at the sight of the boy, never seeing their cheerful old friend in such a state. Eiichi met his emotionless gaze, tears almost welling up in his eyes. The father quickly and carefully embraced his only child, the older burying his head into the younger's shoulder.

"I... kinda forgot about what I did to the place... sorry," Kirishima said, his voice monotone. "T's okay, Eijrou. Yer human, humans do things when they're angry," Eichii responded, his voice soft. "Now go upstairs and clean up while yer friends are helpin' me finish up here, (Name) wouldn't be too happy if they saw ya like that."

His father grinned, and Kirishima's eyes seemed to light up. "(Name)'s awake?!" He nearly shouted, a newfound energy flowing through his veins as he rushed up to his room.

He stripped himself of the clothes that the prison had given him, immediately getting into the shower. He didn't care that the water was cold, it seemed to wake him up. As he ran a hand through his watered down hair, he realized how long it became. It fell over his shoulders, stopping a little past his middle back. Instead of cutting it, he would touch up his roots, it seemed easier than to go get a trim when he needed one. Maybe you'll like his hair longer.