Twenty-Six

The large group slowly walked through the cold, metallic, dimly lit tunnel, hearing blood-curdling screams from inside the walls and from the other side of the door at the end. Kirishima's head turned to ask Shinsou, "You do have Kaminari on a headset, right?" The male nodded in reply, Sero speaking up to him. A few former classmates cocked an eyebrow in confusion, some glaring. "Relax, Kaminari's helping us get (Name) back. I interrogated Taiga a few days ago; they're both helping." Shinsou muttered.

"Wait, if you had him on call, then why did we spend so long looking for a secret entrance?" The tape hero inquired, his brows furrowing. "He couldn't give me exact directions to it due to the suspicion of other people in the base," Shinsou replied calmly before continuing: "He gave me a general location, that was it." The black-haired male's face went calm as he nodded in realization.

"Stop talking," Kirishima sneered. Both males went silent as Shinsou pressed his ear to speak to Kaminari. "We're in the tunnel you told me about," he whispered. Shinsou waited for a few seconds before his earpiece crackled to life. "Keep going down the hallway, watch for numbers 9724 on the left wall; it's easy to miss, so look carefully. Press the center of the nine; it's a button. A keypad will come out. I want you to press 0701. A secret door will open, and it leads to a hallway. At the end of it is a door. Wait there, and Taiga and I will come for you," the blonde on the other side said before going dead.

Kirishima pressed his ear to speak to his father, humming in reply. "My men are in the base walls; they've surrounded every part of it,'" He said.

"Denki says to look along the left wall for numbers 9724 in that order," Shinsou said urgently. The class nodded and carefully searched the wall for the numbers. Midoriya quickly spotted them and hurriedly rushed Shinsou and Kirishima over, the rest following them. Shinsou moved in front of the green-haired boy, pressing the button that the electric user said would be there. After a short while, a soft mechanical whir sounded in his ears as a keypad came out at his waist.

He typed in the buttons 0-7-0-1. My birthday..? He thought. The brain-washer brushed it off as a coincidence, but it still bothered him in the back of his head. A secret door slowly thunked open, revealing a dark tunnel. Todoroki took the lead, lighting a small flame in his hand, dully illuminating the way. As the class followed the flame, they traced the wall to keep track of each other. A loud clunk came from the end of the hallway and they froze, the duel-quirked male quickly removing any trace of his fire. The door slammed open, letting light in. It barely reached the group's features, the class slowly inching back from it. Kirishima's hand instinctively went to his gun, ready to fire any second.

"It's fine, it's only Taiga and me," a familiar voice whispered. Kirishima took the brave step into the light, his hand still on his gun. He glared daggers into Kaminari's skull, possibly ready to shoot him then and there. "Come on, we'll lead you through the tunnels to where (Name) is being held," the blonde said, turning on his heels as Taiga gestured for the group to follow. Shinsou caught up to the cat boy, taking his hand in his. Taiga nearly broke at the touch, but he breathed in and stopped himself. The grip he had on Shinsou's hand was nearly stopping his blood flow, but the purple-haired male didn't care at the moment. He quickly noticed the callous that formed around Taiga's fingernails, deciding not to mention it and wait for a later date.

Kirishima desperately wanted to slam Kaminari's head into the concrete walls, but he didn't for your sake as the blonde led you to where you were.

Or at least to where you're supposed to be.

Kirishima stared at the blank and messy bed, littered with blood flecks and strands of hair. "Where the hell are they?" He hissed. "Did you fucking lie to me?!" He yelled, his pistol now leaving its holster as he loaded it.