Fourteen

The first week of your second year went by quickly. You went over your notes daily and filled in your homework the best you could. It was exhausting at first, but you managed to complete it.

You were, however, ecstatic for this upcoming weekend. Kirishima had promised you a date on Saturday, which was planned at the local amusement park. Of course you had to see your parents first, and possibly break the news to them that you were now dating your best friend of sixteen years. Knowing Eijirou, he probably already told his father.

As you filled out the last of your worksheet, you let out a sigh as you relieved your hand from the cramping that had started to form. You put your pencil neatly away before stretching your arms and heading down to the common room.

As you reached the floor level, you let out a yawn before joining Tokoyami and Koda on the couch. "You look tired, (L/N)," Tokoyami observed, Koda nodding in agreement. "Ah, it's not a big deal. I've just been studying," you answered as Mina and a few of the girls came into the room.

"But you're always studying," Mina complained. "Studying isn't that bad, Mina. Intelligence is a good attribute to being a hero, analyzing and calculating, along with many other skills could help with heroic duties," you muttered. You felt awkward as your classmates started to stare at you, and quickly shrunk away. "Did I say something wrong?" You asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"(Name)'s so cool!" Midoriya cried, tears erupting from his eyes. "I agree with (L/N)! Intelligence is a great thing to have when fulfilling the duties of a hero!" Iida shouted, making his usual hand movements.

You yawned again, stretching your arms until you heard a satisfying pop. "Who's turn is it to make dinner tonight?" Jirou asked, appearing from the stairs. "Mine, dammit," Bakugou huffed, getting up from his spot in the chair and stomping off to the kitchen to start his cooking.

You felt better knowing that Bakugou was going to cook, good food after a long day was more than pleasant. "I'm gonna go add some more notes in my books. I'll see you guys when dinner's ready," you said, walking back up the stairs and into your dorm room.

You didn't think you'd feel this exhausted. But from studying for about three to four hours, classes, and Aizawa's ruthless training, it wore you out. Before entering your second year, you knew it was going to be more difficult. You just didn't imagine it would be this hard.

Your arms were stiff from physical training and your mind was numb from studying for hours on end. The strain your quirk had on your body didn't help at all.

After training, you began to see hallucinations and having dizzy spells. Your arms felt torn apart and your mind had headaches off and on. Oh, the wonders of having a quirk. You scratched at your neck as you picked up your pencil once more and opened your notebooks. As you wrote, you began to feel much more tired.

Your eyes struggled to stay open as you wrote, before you gave in and laid your head in your arms on your desk, falling into a short slumber.

***

Mina had to wake you up so you could eat. You whined when she did, ready to go back to sleep immediately. "Mina.." you whined, pulling your head up from your arms. "Get up, (Name)! Dinner's ready," the pinkette said to you.

You groaned as you stood up from your desk and followed her out, rubbing your eyes to wake yourself up. "You need to relax (Name)," Ochaco told you once you entered the common area. You let out another yawn before Iida continued for her. "Uraraka is right. Studying is good, yes, but sleep is also mandatory as well!"

"I'll be fine, guys. Have you seen what Aizawa looks like?" You replied, grabbing a bowl and scooping yourself some curry. "Yes, but you don't really want to look like him, do you?" Sero added. You shook your head before you started to eat.