Sugarferal (Backstory)

A new parasite made it's way into the Underground, one that the Royal scientist called 'ferality'. It seemed the parasite could only have one host at a time, and if it consumed sugar free candy, the host went nuts, attacking anything that moved until it had something sugary. The previous royal scientist had managed to contain and hide the parasite, in hopes nobody would ever find it and consume it. If it were to get out.. it could spell doom for the Underground.

🍩🍪🎂

A few years ago

'What the dragon doesn't know wouldn't kill her.' I thought as I searched for some of my old man's notes. It was something she'd gotten her claws on that.. she didn't need to know about. The location of a parasite that he'd hid. I trusted Al, I did, but nobody needed to know about it, nor did I need her accidentally infecting herself. If it got a new host that wasn't prepared for it, or acclimated to it as I was, the Underground was through. The only reason Gaster had trapped it was because I was the last host. I was the one most compatible with it. We'd prepared for if something like this ever happened again. If it came down to it, I'd become the host again. Only this time.. I'd be the one in control.

🍩🍪🎂

Found them. Now I just had to get them home and- "Sans? What are you doing in here?" I shoved the papers in my pocket quickly, giving her a fanged smile as my tail wagged lazily. "nothin. i was just leaving." She narrowed her eyes. "What'd you put in your pocket?" He started to sweat a little. 'She saw that.' "don't know what you're talking about."
"Sans.. p-please. That might be important research-"
"it's not. trust me."
"How can I trust you if you don't show me what it is?"
"can you even read these?"
"That's not the point-"
"that's exactly the poin- undyne! give that back!" Undyne snatched the papers from my pockets before I could react. She handed them to Alphys who looked them over. "Th-that code again.."
"We should follow that map!" Undyne suggested to which Papyrus was immediately on board with. "you should not!"
Papyrus tilted his head in curiosity. "WHY EVER NOT?"

"just.. trust me."
"Trust someone who tried to steal Alphys research? Hell no!"
"BROTHER.. IS THAT TRUE..?"
"well.. yeah but-"
"Then it's decided! Let's go!" Undyne pushed Papyrus along with Alphys following behind her.

🍩🍪🎂

I followed from the shadows. The situation had gotten way out of hand, now Pap was in danger, but I was certain that no matter what, they'll be ok. The map led them to the cliff face of Snowdin. (Image gif thing up top.) Between the doorway and the edge was a loose boulder. How'd nobody notice that. Undyne pulled the boulder out. Papyrus grabbed the lollipop. "CANDY..? SANS WAS SCARED OF CANDY?" 'Nonononono-' He raised it to his mouth and- my teeth snapped shut around it. I could feel the candy dissolving in my mouth, releasing the evil within. (Woah me no need to be that dramatic.) I staggered back, as the parasite tried to take over, a spiderweb patterned my foreskull, a yellow soul underneath. My eyelights went to yellow slits. "B-BROTHER..?" I perked. "yes brother? hey was their always a house down there? hey my senses have increased!" 'To fast, your making my thoughts go to fast!' I started to sniff around, the parasite already hunting for something sweet. "S-sans? W-what's going on?" I pointed at myself. "me?"
"Yes you! What was in that lollipop!" Undyne growled. "nothin much, just a parasite that if in control can kill or save monsters depending on which type of candy it's eaten." I waved off nonchalantly. "speaking of candy.. no!" 'You're not the one in control..' "ignore the last bit. do not, i repeat, do not give me any sort of sweets! no matter how much i beg, capiche?"
"PARASITE?!" Papyrus looked horrified. "it's nothing to worry about bro. i'm ok. really. just no sweets, ok?"
"O-OK.."

🍩🍪🎂

Controlling the parasite wasn't easy. Especially when the resets started. I bound myself in special designed chains so if I did get anything Sugar free, I wouldn't go absolutely nuts. Well unless it was genocide. We don't talk about genocides though. Frisk had a nasty habit of slipping me sugar though which meant the parasite had more control. They said it was because they like it's hyperactivity. I hated it. So when Frisk didn't fall down.. I was relived. But who knew what the next human would be like.

To be continued