Feralpaw (Backstory)

"In a canine eat feline world, the canines were victorious. They sealed the felines Underground. It wasn't long before the weakest of our kind lost themselves to our primitive feline instincts. It seemed to be the work of a soul disease. We called it ferality. It's been 4 years since the last outbreak. Those afflicted were too dangerous and had to be eliminated." Dad finished the story. Papyrus huddled under me, not liking the history of our people at all. I was totally into it though. "so.. did you try to help them? Dad sighed. "I did, but I didn't have enough time to make a breakthrough." He rubbed a white and black paw across his face. "That's enough story time, rest boys." He licked mine and Papyrus' foreheads in turn. "Good night, my sons."
"huh.. i was two when that happened, pap."
"STOP TALKING! GOOD NIGHT!" The kitten hissed in fear. "aw. i'm sorry, story probably really scared ya, huh? don't worry. i'm here to protect ya." I nuzzled into Papyrus, purring to comfort him.

🐱🐶🐱

The sleep was nice while it lasted but.. something was wrong. Papyrus was in danger and I was the threat. I wanted to pick that kitten up and shred him like confetti. I had to leave while I had some semblance of control. I ran to the window and slipped through the crack, dropping down and landing on all fours. I made a mad dash for the woods, eyes going from round white to blue slits as I did so. My claws unsheathed and I lost myself to ferality.

🐱🐶🐱

In my time as a feral lion, I was caught once. I'd escaped eventually, but that was the last time I saw my father. I'd heard things about him falling into the C.O.R.E. I don't know for sure what happened. I prowled the woods, night was when my territory was avoided the most. I was the feline of nightmares parents told their kittens. Anyone who came in, didn't come back out. This particular night, a tigershark with an eyepatch and a white, red striped tiger were trying to get home after accidentally staying out to long in a snowball fight. They were my prey. But.. why was the red and white tiger so familiar? Like.. I knew him? I don't know anything. Nothing but to hunt and protect myself. Everything was a threat. Even the tiger.

🐱🐶🐱

I was close enough to pounce now. Just jump and the threats will be neutralized. I bunched my muscles to spring, but- don't worry. i'm here to protect ya. My eyes widened. Another threat? I looked around. i was two when that happened, pap. Pap? Who was Pap? I bristled. Who was out here? What's happening? It wasn't long before the weakest of out kind lost themselves to our primitive feline instincts. That voice was.. STOP TALKING! GOOD NIGHT! I.. It was all in my head. I walked forward, behind the tiger. "hey buddy.. don't you know how to greet an old pal?" The tiger froze and the tigershark whipped on me. I wasn't fazed as I continued grinning at my little brother. "S-SANS..?"
"heya bro. miss me?"
"SANS!" Papyrus pounced on me, purring and nuzzling. I laughed and nuzzled into him. "i missed you too."

🐱🐶🐱

Papyrus insisted I go to the lab to check my health. For his sake, and a bit of curiosity, I did. A yellow cat with folded ears ran her checks and tests. Her and the tigershark were introduced as Alphys and Undyne. While they looked over my results, Papyrus stayed with me. "I AM A ROYAL FELINE IN TRAINING NOW, I DO SENTRY DUTY IN SNOWDIN. UNDYNE IS MY FRIEND AND METOR AND HELPED ME A LOT OVER THE YEARS. UM.. DAD FELL DOWN.. WHERE WERE YOU..?" I sighed and  purred in an attempt to reassure him. "i promise, i had a good reason for being gone all this time.. just.. don't freak out, ok?" He tilted his head, confused. "OK? WHAT IS IT?" Blue spears launched at me and I sprang away, feeling the aggression take over for a moment. I hissed at my attacker, puffing up. "Stay away from him, Papyrus. He's infected with Ferality." Undyne unsheathed her claws. I responded in kind. 'Kill her, not safe.' "H-HE'S FERAL.." Papyrus.. calm down. Don't let it take control. You are Sans, not.. that thing. "i... am..." I replied, taking deep breaths. You're ok. You're safe. Relax. Calm down. "it's fine, i'm fine now. undyne simply scared the fur off me."

🐱🐶🐱

"it started the night dad told us the story. we went to bed and i was feeling ok.. until i wasn't. i wanted.. to do bad things, and i couldn't let myself do them. so i ran away. from there i went feral, took the woods as my domain.. i only uh.. became myself again because i remembered you." I concluded my story. "that's about it. alot has happened, and i haven't sifted through the memories yet." The three cats looked at me. I decided to groom myself to avoid the stares. "O-oh wow.."
"BROTHER.. I'M SORRY.." I waved him off. "it's fine, not like you caused it. it could've been anything really. still, i can't exactly control it yet. we need to be careful."