Feraltomb ([Y/N])

How many times have you almost died already? To many to time to count. Though some monsters, despite their terrifying appearance, were very nice like Toriel for instance. You were Hugging the loving, deadly goat monster now. You were leaving the Ruins today, going out to get back home.. not that home was much better. Still, you wanted to make sure everyone at home was still ok. So you opened the door out into the ever snowy.. whereever this place was. You remembered what Toriel told you. 'If you ever see a monster with slit eyes, run the other direction.' You looked around, and heard something in the trees. It.. was a.. skeleton? All you could see was it's black sockets at first. Then it started to crawl down, slowly. It was very, very long.. and tall.. and absolutely.. a hand touched your shoulder. You squeaked in fear, afraid to turn around. Maybe it was friendly..? "human.. turn around and smile."

🪦🪦🪦

You turned your head slowly to face it. Sharp, yellowed fangs glinted under the light of your lamp. You forced yourself to look away from those deadly teeth and to- oh shit- large, red, slit sockets with a ring of red around the slit. He was feral! You tried to pull away, but a loud voice made you freeze, head whipping to the other monster you'd nearly forgotten about. "GREAT JOB SANS! WE CAUGHT A HUMAN!" He was feral too. Smaller, red slits were in his sockets. "sorry bro, this human ain't food." Wait what? You looked back at the one holding you in place. "WHY NOT?" The taller was confused. "i made a promise to a nice old lady." Is he talking about Toriel? "YOU? MAKE A PROMISE?"
"yes, i made a promise, and i intend to keep it. keep this human safe." He glanced down before looking to the taller. "no eating this human, ok?" The taller crossed his arms. "OK.. NO EATING THAT HUMAN. VERY WELL."
"Y-you're serious? You won't.. kill me? Eat me?"
"heh heh heh.. we'll see." The one holding you winked. "i'm sans." He wagged. "I, AM THE GREAT PAPYRUS!"

🪦🪦🪦

At first you weren't sure if Sans was joking about not eating you or not. But it became apparent that he was serious. He and Papyrus kept you fed and safe, scaring off any monsters that tried to harm you. Sans even gave you his bed. You were so, so grateful. The skeleton brothers may have been feral, but they were just as friendly as Toriel. They never ate in front of you, you knew why. Toriel had done the same. "Sans?"
"meh?"
"That promise.. did you make it to Toriel?" The skeleton nodded. "more or less. that was before-" He shut his mouth immediately. "Before..?" You asked slowly. "nothin.. it's nothin.." He looked away. "BEFORE HE FOUND OUT YOU WERE HIS SOUL MATE~" Papyrus teased from the kitchen doorway. Sans shot up. "p-papyrus!"
"HA! I WAS RIGHT! THERE IS SOMETHING SPECIAL ABOUT THAT HUMAN! SHE'S YOU'RE SOUL MATE!" What was a soul mate? You decided to ask. "Soul mate?"
"it's nothing. i'm going to eat." Sans left. Leaving you to Papyrus.

🪦🪦🪦

A soul mate, Papyrus explained, was a person that a monster was destined for. Someone they loved deeply and cherished no matter their flaws. It was oddly romantic. You wondered if humans had soul mates too? Was Sans your soul mate? He was kind and smart and protective, but you'd only seen his good side. Soul mates loved you despite your flaws. Would you still love him if he showed his dark side? If you watched him kill? Would you be ok with that? Would you be scared? You really didn't know. The only way to know, was to see it for yourself. But what did it mean if you were scared and rejected him. You didn't want to hurt him.

🪦🪦🪦

It was something you thought on as you continued on your journey home. You really hadn't wanted to leave the safety of the skelebros house, but you reminded yourself that had to go home. Until you were kidnapped by a homicidal robot and hung up with other, surviving, scared humans. "SANS!" You cried out, hoping somehow, somewhere, he would save you before you were murdered. And he did know. He could feel you're fear. He was ready to tear Mettaton apart. You wanted to scream like the human beside you as the robot thrust his chainsaw into some poor human. Their blood sprayed everywhere, the sickening feeling making your stomach churn. Then Sans was there, literally materializing out of nowhere to tackle the robot. The maniac retaliated.

🪦🪦🪦

It became quite clear Sans didn't care about the others. They were simply obstacles in his way that were killed when the robot escaped him. Was it so different from home though? You lived in a part of town where supernaturals took what they want, when they wanted, littering the streets with corpses for monsters to feed off of later. It scared you. It scared you knowing that wherever you went, everything was the same. What didn't scare you? Sans. You wanted to see his dark side and here it was. This was your world. But at least Sans would keep you safe in it. So yes, despite everything, you loved him. All of him. The chains broke and you fell into his arms. You looked at him. "sans.."
"[Y/N]... ya ok..?"
"I will be.." You hugged him close. "Take me home.."
"got it."

Fín