Feralshift (Backstory)

"DR. ASGORE! QUICK! I NEED YOUR HELP!" The newly made royal scientist turned to the speaker, a rather tall, lanky skeleton. "Prince Papyrus? What seemed to be the problem?"
"THE KING, DOCTOR.. THE KING HAS GONE FERAL."

♤♤♤

"THE KINGDOM CANNOT CATCH WIND OF THIS.. IF THEY WERE TO FIND OUT KING SANS WENT PERMANENTLY FERAL, WHO KNOWS WHAT CHAOS WOULD INSUE. DO WHAT YOU CAN. PLEASE.. MAKE MY BROTHER BETTER.."
"I'll do what I can, majesty. I'm not very sure though, if that is much." Dr. Asgore steeled himself to meet his feral king. "Until I can do something, it's best if you go someplace safer. A place you can't get bit. The people need someone to go to in desperate times." Prince Papyrus nodded. "IF IT IS WHAT MUST BE DONE.." He didn't want to leave his brother, but the doctor was right. The people needed someone. Perhaps he could fix up Old Home? Await his brother there?

♤♤♤

Dr. Asgore had a rough time trapping his king. Eventually he'd managed to get himself entangled in his own cape. His crown had long since fallen off in the struggle to bite the doctor. The doctor eventually chained the king to his throne, he was ripping through the fabric, tail thrashing, snarls rumbling from him. "Well. That's step one.." Now to figure out how to tame him..

♤♤♤

Determination. That was what he'd just injected the king with. Typically it was deadly for monsters, but he was running out of ideas. He hoped he hadn't just killed the king. Sans roared in rage, angered that Asgore had gotten close, but he hadn't gotten anything out of it. He had felt the sting of the syringe, which further angered him. He thrashed at first. He tired quickly, panting. He felt woozy. He quieted. He fell asleep. Asgore recorded the reaction.

♤♤♤

It's been a few years. The determination injections were monthly. He went to sleep every time. Woke up calm for awhile before he started acting up again. That's what he was expecting this time around when the king stirred. He growled quietly. His sockets flickered open. "mm."
"Still feral.. his sockets are distinctive slits. I'm starting the timer now. Last time he'd stayed tame for 5 hours before acting up again." Asgore muttered. The king heard him though. His head tilted. He looked to his hands. The chains. Then to the doctor. "feral? 's that why i'm locked to my throne?" The kings eyes widened. "M-my king!?"
"heya doc.."

♤♤♤

I clipped my cape onto my shoulders and put on my crown. Until Dr. Asgore made something to make me look the part of a normal monster, I was confined to the castle. I couldn't go to my brother, I couldn't go to be Santa in the Frosted Feilds, and I couldn't go to my favorite restaurant. At least Chara was good at keeping secrets. Asgore and Chara were my only friends. This whole feral thing was annoying. Every scent. Every sound. I picked it all up. It was hard not to get distracted. "My king?"
"asgore! hey bud. please tell me it's good news."
"I'm.. afraid not. I have no way to cure you. My deepest apologies." My tail shifted and I sighed in slight annoyance and frustration. "it's.. ok. we.. will figure something out." Dr. Asgore bowed. "I'll try to fix this, my king."

"no, no. i want you to continue your research in a way to break the barrier without using human souls."
"But.. you'll be stuck in the castle even if the barrier breaks!"
"for the kingdom, i'll stay in in this castle forever."
"... very well, your majesty.."