Feraldream ([Y/N])

You only survived because you lived outside the village. Far way from the tree and far away from other people. Your mother and father haven't been so lucky. They'd been at the village when it was destroyed. They'd been destroyed along with it. The place became dreary, and time stopped. You were stuck in a 15 year old's body, despite being [Y/A]. With nothing else to do, you cleaned up the town and the statue. Buried humans, spread the monsters dust. You tried to fix the tree, but that proved fruitless. To soon? Sorry. You'd salvaged a few books to learn from. Romeo and Juliet, Nightshade, The Storm, and The Giving Tree. That one reminded you of the dead tree. So much time alone can drive a person mad. The statue became your best friend. You read to it everyday, made it flower crowns, made it outfits, sang and danced around it... you were very lonely.. "You know mister statue, I wish you were a real person. Then maybe my life would be a little brighter.." You looked at the statue. "You're right, I'm being to negative. How about I get more flowers for flower necklaces." You ran off to the flower field.

☀️☀️☀️

"Purple and blue and yellow and pink and white and orange.." You rambled on and on as you walked back. You dropped the flowers upon seeing pieces of stone.. "M-my friend.." You teared up. Your only friend was broken. You sobbed, collecting as my pieces as you could hold. The thought hadn't occurred to you on how it broke. "um.. miss?  why are you crying?" You sniffed and replied to what you thought was the voice in your head. "M-my friend.. m-my only fr-friend broke!" A hand touched your shoulder. "the statue?" You screamed and scrambled away, taking a minute to examine the figure. He looked like the statue.. but with color. Golden slits glittered in his eyes his clothes were blue with a yellow cape and gloves and boots. On his head was a golden crown in the shape of some sort of sun. "Statue..?" You asked hesitantly. "um.. i was.." You lit up and hugged him. "My wish came true! I'm not alone now!" You laughed and the poor once statue was so confused. "i'm dream.. can you tell me what happened after..?"
"I'm [Y/N]! I think.. I don't actually remember much of the time before I was alone. Sorry Dream!"

☀️☀️☀️

You explained what you could. How you were the only survior and how alone you'd been. You explained that while he was a statue, you'd taken care of him and became your only friend. "We had lots of fun together, Dream, lots of fun. We read and dressed up and flower crowns and-"
"thank you [Y/N], really." He looked worried for you. You wondered why. "Is something wrong?" He blinked. "well, you'd been alone for a long time, [Y/N]. i'm gonna be honest. i'm worried about your mental health." You pointed at your head. "Mental... health? I'll be ok, I think. Some time with a friend, a REAL person, will do me wonders, I promise!" Dream nodded slowly. "that.. makes sense. we need to find a way to get out of here.. i need to find my brother.. find out how long it's been.."
"500 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 11 hours, 47 minutes, and 12, 13, 14, 15-"
"you've been keeping track of all that?" You shrugged. "Not much to do when you're alone." You replied simply.

☀️☀️☀️

You were slowly getting better as you and Dream tried to find a way to escape your home. "Not much survived the attack." You commented as Dream sifted through surviving pages and papers you'd collected. He sighed. "i can see that.." You walked up to him, taking his hands. "Hey, hey. It's ok! We'll get out of here and you'll see your brother again." His cheeks went gold. "Dream?" He was staring. "Dream are you having a staring seizure or something?!" You were tempted to shake him, but he was already shaking himself out of it. "what? sorry that was a little weird." You sighed in relief. "I'm glad your ok. I don't know what would've happened if I'd lost you.." He went gold again and you, were completely obvious to it.

☀️☀️☀️

You didn't find a way out yourself, but help came in the form of a skeleton named Ink. "i'm dream, this is [Y/N]. we are survivors here." Ink's sockets widened. "i-i didn't think there were any.." You bowed. "Well here we are, new friend!" You were excited to meet someone new. Didn't stop you from squeezing Dream in a hug. He blushed heavily. Again. "i thought nightmare had killed everyone.." Ink muttered. Dream's focus returned to Ink. "my brother didn't. if you know him, i'm trying to stop all this. get the brother i knew back."
"brother? you're his brother?" Dream nodded. "and nightmare wasn't always this way." Ink looked at him. "we should get going, you have a lot to catch up on." Ink decided. "let's get out of here, [Y/N].." Dream smiled at you, and you smiled back taking his hand. "we have our whole lives ahead of us!" Your soul skipped a beat as you stared at Dream. Any life with him, would be the best life.

~Fín~