Afterferal (Backstory)

Being Wild's future self, his past was much like Wild. He was born in a test tube, raised as a young scientist, went feral at 6, and was trapped in the lab for years until he was found. He played his part for a long time, as Wild had played his. That is.. until now.

9999999

Wild POV

I glared at the human. "if you.. i don't know, kill papyrus.. you're going to have a wild time, and this time there won't be any escape." I warned with a deep growl. Afterward I went to Al's lab. It wasn't much, and it definitely wasn't what my soul was used to. A vial of specially made, modified, determination sat there, created to hopefully rid this place of the Player for good. I wasn't going to die this time. A shot of this, I should take them away from my home for good. No more resets. No more genocides. The side effects were still unknown, I had yet to test it. Hopefully I wouldn't have to for awhile, but the way the kid was going.. I sighed and filled a syringe with the stuff. Just in case. I tucked it away in my pocket just as Alphys ran in. "There's a human killing citizens- Sans? Where's Mettaton?"
"don't know.. bummer about the human though. should go check on pap and make sure he's ok." I turned and walked away from the winged lizard quickly, teleporting when I got out of the lab.

9999999

When I got home, I noticed a note. The note. The note pap always left when going to confront the human for the last time. It read as follows:
"DEAR LAZY BROTHER OF MINE,

I KNOW YOU TOLD ME TO STAY AWAY FROM THE HUMAN, BUT I CAN'T HELP BUT TO FEEL THEY ARE GOING DOWN A DARK PATH! YOU ALWAYS SAY THAT MY POSITIVITY CAN RUB OFF ON ANYONE, SO WHY NOT THEM TOO? I WANT TO HELP THEM BEFORE IT'S TO LATE, I'M SORRY BROTHER.

LOVE, THE DOMINANT PAPYRUS"

My soul seized. I knew what was next. I'd go out to find him already dust in the snow, his scarf flapping wildly, like a trapped bird. I put on my lab coat then I teleported there. It was just like aways.. I picked up the fabric and wrapped it around my neck. My claws scraped lightly against the cold glass of the syringe. Next time I saw the kid, would be on our death bed.

9999999

I waited and waited and waited some more. Waited for them to murder Undyne. Waited for them to murder Alphys. Waited for them to murder Mettaton Neo. Waited for them to come and murder me. 'I'm not dying today.' I bared sharp canines as my hand went once more to the syringe. 'This'll make sure of that.' Finally they came, red eyed and dusty. A deep growl resonated in the room as bared my cuffs. "i warned you." One cuff clicked open. "now you have to pay the price." The next dropped. "i hope you're ready.." The last clicked open and I crouched into an attack position as my eyelights became slits. "to have a wild time!!!" I snapped forward and slammed into them before they realized what was happening. My jaws locked onto their elbow, thoroughly poisoning them.

9999999

I supposed that this was just a game to them. Learning new ways to die, that wasn't the usual set pattern I had for them. Usually I'd stuck to my magic attacks. The blasters, the bones, the blue attacks, and soul magic. Now I was poisoning them, piercing them through with my tail, and ripping at them with my claws too. I was releasing years of rage I held for them. Going truly feral on them. In a matter of speaking. Eventually they got bored as they always do, and started fighting back. It couldn't be to long now. I dodged, my claws scraped against the tile as I charged a gaster blaster. Not long at all.

9999999

I panted, my legs trembled with exhaustion. My phalanges tucked into my pockets as I readied the modified determination. They swung and I dodged a second to late, as always. I gasped in pain, like always. "heh heh heh heh.. I suppose this is where i die, like always?" I coughed, red leaking down my teeth, down the wound. "i don't think so." I pulled out the syringe and jammed the exposed needle into my femur, injecting the contents into myself. "i'm not done yet!" I rushed them one last time, shoving the both of us.. into darkness?

9999999

"How did you- do you know what this place is?!" The Player asked. "nope. but if it contains you, then i don't care." I was still bleeding, it seemed, but still not dead. "This is the Save Screen, Sans! This is where I reset or continue! You just gave me a chance at power!" I flinched as I felt that my right eye was melting/glitched. "if you can escape that is. i'll drag you back here if you do, so don't bother." My tail swished. "Watch me!" So I did. I was more than ready to go back and drag them back if I had to. But it didn't work. They tried to reset. Nothing. "i told ya. we're trapped. have fun." I gave a casual wave as I started to walk off. I was going to have to find something to do now.

To be continued