Feralasylum ([Y/N])

You were a well renowned psychiatrist, and after falling down, you'd easily taken to helping monsters with their problems. In fact, you were on your way to the asylum now at the request of Dr. Toriel Dreamurr. It seemed she had a special case for you. "Heya Undyne, I was called here by-" Screaming and howling caught your attention and you took off towards it. "Not again! Hold him down!"
"it hurts it hurts!" It was a skeleton, trying to struggle out of his straight jacket. You ran to them to help, placing a gentle hand on his foreskull and shushing him gently. Slit eyes looked up in confusion. "it... doesn't hurt..?" You smiled reassuringly. "Is that better?" He nodded, slowly. "What hurt so I can help you next time?" You asked patiently. "my body.. my soul.. it's-it's always on fire.." He whined, closing his sockets. "Ok, I can help with that." It was likely PTSD. Or some sort of painful trauma that he was stuck with. "Oh Dr. [L/N], you couldn't have come at a better time.." Dr. Dreamurr sighed in relief. "This him? The patient you were telling me about?"
"That is him. Sans."

💉💉💉

You spent your days with Sans. He seemed way calmer just by having you around. You still had your bad days, but they simply weren't as bad as with other monsters. Right now, you were trying to get him through Papyrus' death. "I know.. I know it hurts, Sans, but it's true. Your soul couldn't handle the lose, so you created a mental version of him to cope." Sans paced, agitated. "no, no, no, not true!" He growled. "The first stage of grief is denial. You've been in denial for a long time, Sans, it's time to move on." He whirled on you, baring sharp canines. "i'm not moving on!"
"I think you are, slowly." He took a threatening step forward, before he started pacing. "he's not dead."
"He is dead."
"you just can't see him."
"Nobody can see him except you."
"that's not true!" He snarled violently. "Has Toriel ever seen him?" He glared. "no."
"Undyne?" He faltered. "no.."
"Alphys? Grillby?" He put his hands on the wall, as if to steady himself. "no... it.. it can't be true, right? i- he was here! right?" You shook your head. "No, he was never here, Sans." He slid down the wall, and you went over to him. "It will, be ok, Sans." You hugged him tightly. "I'm going to help you through this.

💉💉💉

With Toriel's permission, you and Sans took a walk through Waterfall. He was silently watching you, while you looked at the serene surroundings. "How are you doing?" You asked, suddenly, making him jump. "uh.. it's still hard.." You looked at him. "It will be, but I'm here for you." He smiled. "yeah.. yeah ya are.." He discreetly intertwined your hands together. You were startled at first, but found that you really didn't mind. Things were shaping up to be a bright future for the both of you.

~Fín~