Feralbird ([Y/N])

How had you gotten into this mess? How exactly had you ended up in a valley full flying monsters? Simple really. It started with a sky diving trip and lots of wind that blew you out of control. It was exhilaratingly terrifying and you saw it as a good memory. A nice goat snowy owl helped you out of that predicament. She'd introduced herself as Toriel. Soon enough, you'd befriended all the monsters in the valley, except Asgore. You really weren't up for meeting the king yet. It's been three months since that incident and you had your own place here and everything. You spent your time with Toriel, the lizard canary Alphys, the kingfisher Undyne, and your personal favorite, the carrion crow skeleton brothers Sans and Papyrus. Papyrus and the others flew nearly all the time, Sans.. never did. He preferred to keep his talons on the ground. You respected that. Though you had your own wings, thanks to Toriel, you often walked with Sans.

🦅🦅🦅

One day you went to the brothers house.. but Sans wasn't there. Papyrus, you knew, was with Alphys and Undyne, but Sans was nowhere to be found. "Maybe he went for a walk?" You flew off to the forest to find him. It didn't take all that long, actually. You landed in a tree as he relaxed in the opposing trees limbs. He seemed deep in thought. You glided to his tree. "Hey." He waved lazily. "hey."
"Whatcha doing?"
"eh." He looked around at the surrounding trees." "you know. hanging around." You snorted. "That was so bad, Sans." He grinned. "but i got a positive response so.."
"Win." He nodded, chuckling. "yep." You simply sat there, enjoying each other's company. "[Y/N]?" You looked to the skelebird dog thing. What was he? A human looking skeleton with a canine tail, fangs, and claws along with bird talons, wings, and tail feathers. What did you call that? "Hm?"
"i.. uh.. i got something for you." You tilted your head. "Really?" He nodded, a tint of gold dusting his cheekbones. He dug into his pocket and pulled out a pair of [F/C] goggles. "so the wind don't obscure your sight while flying.. when i saw them, i thought of you." You took them, blushing. "Th-thank you, Sans.." You may have had a bit of a crush on the handsome monster. You fitted them on.

🦅🦅🦅

Now you had a real reason to walk to the skelebros. You knocked on the door and Papyrus answered, as always. "HELLO HUMAN [Y- ARE YOU OK?" Sans poked around the taller, immediately looking concerned. "I'm fine. I broke my wing crash landing while saving MK from getting blasted off by the wind." You explained, looking at the splinted appendage. "Alphys placed the bones, but I won't be able to fly for awhile."
"well i'm glad your ok otherwise.. er.. wouldn't want my friend suffering.." He laughed nervously. You blushed. Papyrus walked away, feeling like he was in the middle of something important. "R-right.. may I come in?" He stepped aside. "always."

🦅🦅🦅

You went on patrol with the brothers. You and Sans were walking, as usual. "[Y/N]?" Sans asked. "Yeah Sans?" He took a breath. "i love..." He stopped. "Sans?" What was this? A dream come true? Was he? "...uh.. your wings.. so soft.." He looked away and you felt a little disappointed. But hey he did complement you. "Thanks.. I love your wings too." And your personality and your puns and your appearance. You sighed. Why couldn't you say that out loud though? Are you afraid or something? What could you possibly be afraid of? ... rejection.

🦅🦅🦅

You sat at the edge of a cliff. It was night time and the stars were absolutely beautiful. Flying tonight would have been amazing. To bad your wing was still broken. "whatcha you doing up?" You turned to see Sans. "Watching the stars. You?" He chuckled. "couldn't sleep." He shrugged. "funny. this is actually where i learned to fly." You quirked a brow. "You can fly?" He looked suddenly uncomfortable. "i can.. just prefer not to.." You nodded, deciding not to press on the topic. "Wanna join me?"
"eh, why not." You shifted over to make some more room when you heard a crack. You looked down, then at Sans, fear written in your eyes. "[Y/N]? [Y/N]!" In that split second, you were falling, your working wing trying desperately to stop you. It was a lot funner when you knew you had a parachute. You squeezed your eyes shut, trying to talk yourself before you died. Then you slowed down. Then stopped completely. Then started rising. You opened your eyes to see Sans'. In place of his normal white pinpricks was golden slits. "S-Sans.." You clung to him sobbing with relief.

🦅🦅🦅

He touched ground and put you down, only to kneel down and hug you closely. "it's ok now, it's ok.. i've got you.. i'm never letting you go.." You sniffed. "I- I thought I was gonna die without ever telling you.."
"telling me? telling me what?" You sniffed again. "That I love you.." He froze a moment, then his tail started going. "i love you too, [Y/N].. i never wanna lose ya." He picked you up. "let's go home." He opened his wings, then you were both flying. "I thought you didn't like flying?"
"i love flying. i just couldn't control myself from hurting other in the past, like i seem to be able to now."
"Oh.. Sans?"
"hm?"
"I love you."
"i love you too."

~Fín~