Feralocean (Backstory)

There have been rumors of a lab experiment, escaping into the ocean some 100+ years ago. A human male with canine features. With him were two others, a toddler and a baby, with the same features. The scientists didn't need the world to know of their human animal experiments, so they sunk the ship. The three were never to be seen by humanity again.

🌊🌊🌊

I finished telling Papyrus the story, the canid skeleton fast asleep. Once upon a time ago, those experiments were us. With Gaster's help, we'd survived with the monsters, the runes on our capes had, in a way, turned us into monsters ourselves. Or at least helped us survive underwater. As far as anyone was concerned, we've always been monsters though. As experiments, we have varying.. levels.. of humanity and animalistic instinct. I was more of the latter. Papyrus, Neptune bless him, had more humanity. Gaster.. well I didn't know. I barely ever seen the guy. He raised us us until I was 6, then just.. left. My tail swished through the water as I left Papyrus' room. I needed to hunt. To quell my instincts. I usually just caught some fish outside monster territory. If I went to long without hunting, I turned on another monster. The last time that happened, I'd turned on Toriel. That mermaid was strong though, tossed me out to do my thing and I'd apologized when I returned. I'd been 10. I was 127 now. I've been good about staying in schedule ever since.

🌊🌊🌊

I growled, swimming around the reef. I could smell fish around here somewhere. They could probably sense the predator, swimming about. I swam to the reef floor, and made myself disappear. Eventually they eased themselves out of hiding, figuring me to be part of the coral. I opened my mouth slowly, waiting for one of them to get curious and hide in the death trap. My claws were ready to grab too, my tail great at spearing the slippery creatures. Wait..wait....wait........wait................NOW! My jaws came down on a barracuda and I caught two seaperch. My tail lashed through 4 more as I took off, looking for a decent place to eat my kill. At one point in time, a shark came looking to steal my hunt. I let it know who was boss.

🌊🌊🌊

Satisfied with my hunt, I returned home, instincts quelled for now. Papyrus would be awake soon, wanting to train as a royal guardsman. "heh heh. no doubt he'll do it somehow.. even without magic. Never having been monsters, we didn't have magic, just our claws, teeth, and tails as potential weapons. I'm sure if he wanted, I could make a sword or something out of the surrounding materials. Bur he seemed confident with what he had. I could respect that. I relaxed onto the couch, closing my sockets. I'd nearly gotten sleep, before Papyrus came down and woke me up. "huh? wha? oh. morning bro." I yawned. "SANS! STOP SLEEPING ON THE COUCH! YOU HAVE A BED YOU KNOW."
"i know." He sighed. "COME ON. BREAKFAST IS READY."
"ok bro. 'm not all that hungry though." I had fish for breakfast. Still, I followed him. I loved my bro.