Chapter 21: Abandoned

Isaac's POV:

I have been sitting in my room since the whole day after locking Bella into the old storeroom, I was sitting on the floor with my hands in my hair, "why would you do that?"

A tear slipped from my eye, I could never think Bella would do something like this. I still couldn't believe it but I didn't want the past to be repeated. I couldn't put my pack in danger because of me again.

How could my mate lie to me? How could she betray my trust? Maybe she is not even my mate.

"She is our mate," Zeke, my wolf growled in my mind.

Before I could reply, my room's door was yanked open and Aiden was standing there, "don't make a hasty decision, Isaac."

I groaned, "for fuck sake, go away, Aiden."

Aiden hissed, "she's your mate, why would she spy on us?"

I glared at him, "exactly, she's my mate, why are you taking such interest in her?"

He glared at me back, "you're an asshole, do you know that?"

I growled, "mind your next words."

He cursed under his breath, "Isaac, think about it. Why would she want to spy on us?"

"I don't know, maybe that's what she does?" I yelled at him

"Can't you feel a mate bond? Can't you feel her as your mate?" Aiden yelled back at me, "at least let her explain herself."

"I do, but I don't know what to do right now" I whispered, "I can't let her fool me."

"You will regret it, Isaac," Aiden left the room leaving me alone.

"You know she's our mate, Isaac. Don't be a fool," my wolf Zeke said in my mind.

"But I can't be sure if she's a spy or not," I whispered back to him.

Zeke roared in my mind, "how can our mate be a spy? Are you out of your mind? Go to her."

After fighting with zeke for quite a long time, I  groaned and got up, and made my way in the direction of the storeroom. I was still reluctant to go inside but I knew I would regret it later if I don't go to her.

I stood in front of the door still contemplating about going inside or not, so many thoughts were racing in my mind. I was hesitating to turn the doorknob.

I took a deep breath and turned to go back to my room, "I can't see her."

                          ***
"Isaac, Isaac, ISAAC" someone screamed in front of my face, my eyes got shot open.

"What?" I groaned scrunching my nose.

"Where is Belle?" liza was standing with worry written on her face, while Katie was pacing around the room.

"What do you mean by that? She would be in that room?" I stood up, now fully awake, and went in the direction of the storeroom.

"We searched the whole house, even Aiden and Ryan are out there looking for her. She is nowhere to be found, Isaac," Katie said biting on her nails.

"No, no, no, she can't leave," I looked inside the empty room, I put the heels of my palm on my eyes stopping my tears "she can't leave, how could she leave from here?"

"Isaac, Isaac, it's okay. She will come back, it's okay" liza started rubbing my back.

"Get away from me" I growled, Zeke took over.

"Liza, come, leave him alone" Katie took Liza out of the room and closed the door.

Zeke howled in pain for his mate, he agonized in pain. How could she do that to me? Was she a spy? How could she leave me like this?

My eyes fell on a piece of paper that was placed on a table, I instantly grabbed it and started scanning the paper.

Dear Isaac,

I know you're mad at me and probably hate me, I know you think I have done something worse which I haven't. I don't know who wrote that note and why. The only thing I know is the second note is a lie. I never betrayed your trust, I could never break your trust because you have become the most important person in my life in this small period.

I will not give any justification or explanation to you about the note because I know whatever I say you will not believe me. Now you, your family, and your pack will stay safe because I will not be present here.

I haven't bewitched you, neither I have lied that I am your soulmate. It was you who told me that I was your mate and I believed it without any second thought because I trusted you. I am sorry for what I did, for what you think I have done, and also for what I am going to do.

I hope you stay safe and happy and no danger comes near you.

Bella.

She left me, I didn't even give her a chance to give me an explanation. I didn't listen to her and now mate is somewhere in the world instead of being with me.

My eyes stinging with tears again, my heart was breaking and I couldn't do anything about it.

"Isaac, you have to pull yourself together, and we have to find her, you know. You can find her by her scent," Aiden said turning on the lights of the room. My eyes stung because of sudden contact with the light.

"She left because she wanted to, she doesn't want to be found Aiden, so we should not try" I whispered.

"No, what is wrong with you, Isaac? You locked her up, you didn't listen to her, and now you will not go and find her,  don't shut yourself up," Aiden said looking at me with worry in his eyes, even though he is one year younger than me he always tries to look after me.

"I am okay, I just needed some time to get over her, and, now I am. I am going to my office, now. Send Ryan to meet me in my office, we have a lot to discuss our pack. I have been neglecting my duties because of-of some reasons, now I should get back to work," I said coldly and went to the direction of my office leaving Aiden alone in her room.

I would never be able to get over her, but it was her choice. She left me, I can't go and try to find her when she doesn't want to be found. My wolf zeke grieved inside me and begged me to go and find her. She left because I don't deserve her it's better if she stays away from me.