Chapter 5: Reminiscent

"You're such a cheater," I said after throwing the pillow at Isaac who was cheating while playing UNO with me.

"No, you're being a sour loser," he said while crossing his arms on his chest "stop being a crybaby and accept your defeat like a respectable player, Bella."

I huffed and punched him which made him laugh. Suddenly, there was a knock on Isaac's door. I was spending my time in Isaac's room a lot, not I was complaining but I enjoyed every bit of it.

Isaac got up and opened the door without asking who it was. Two girls were standing outside when Isaac saw them he shut the door on their faces and sat beside me.

I frowned and looked at him, "who were they?"

He shrugged, "Yeah, no one important."

"Isaac, you better open the door or I will break this door first then I will break your hands and then feed it to you," a loud voice roared from behind the door which I think belonged to one of the girls.

"Liza, go away," he yelled back, "or I will cut your tongue and feed it to Katie."

"Hey, why are you dragging me" another voice whined, "Isaac, open the door or I will ask Ryan to break this door."

"Is Ryan here?" Isaac inquired.

"No, but we will call him," another voice which I think belonged to Liza said.

I frowned, "what the fuck is going on, Isaac?"

"Is that her?" Katie yelled.

"Duh, it is her," Liza responded, "open the door, Isaac."

Isaac got up, "it's on you, now, whatever happens, it's your fault," he opened the door.

I felt a little bit scared and clutched the pillow with all my might in defense.

On the doorstep, two girls were standing. One was looking she's of my age, the other one was most probably younger than me. They both were looking at me like, I am an antique in a museum and tourists are watching the antique for the very first time.

Girl with light brown hair, green eyes, and pale complexion rushed towards me "Hello, I am Katie." She held her hand up to my face and waved.

"and I am Elizabeth you can call me Liza," a girl with a round face, deep brown eyes, and same-colored hair chipped in.

"Uh, hi nice to meet you both. I am Isabella," I said while fidgeting with my fingers.

Isaac coughed, "Liza is my sister, and Katie is uh my friend's girlfriend."

I frowned while looking at Isaac. He didn't tell me about his family before, well I also didn't so it makes the both of us.

"It feels good to finally meet you," Liza chirped, "Isaac told us about you."

I looked at Isaac who was face-palming himself, "he did?"

"Yes, he told us about how beautiful you are and he's so right, you're so beautiful," Liza responded.

Isaac coughed and smacked on the back of her head, "that's enough information, Liza."

Katie chuckled, "we're here to meet you, Isaac, it's been a month since we saw each other."

"You should have called first," Isaac mumbled.

"If we would have called you, you would have probably run to some island to hide from us," Liza giggled.

I smiled and got up, "I will leave you guys be, it was nice meeting you both."

Katie replied, "no, it's okay. You should stay. It's fine."

"No, no I don't want to intrude," I said while making my way out of the room.

"It was nice meeting you, Isabella. I hope we can spend some time together," Liza said looking at me, pleadingly.

I smiled at her innocence, "Yes, sure, see you both again," I glanced at Katie and Isaac and left Isaac's room.

I sighed and made my way towards my room and after opening my room's door I ran towards my bed plopped onto my bed and groaned.

"Goddamit, why me, ugh"

I reminisced what my life used to be like before everything fell apart and my sufferings started. I think now I don't even understand the concept of family.

Tears started pooling in my eyes, I haven't cried in a very long time. I don't even know why I was crying but I just had to. I always stopped myself from crying because emotions are the demise of the strength that we gather for ourselves, that's what I've heard from people around me whenever I cried.

A knock interrupted my train of thoughts, "who's there?" I asked while wiping my face.

"It's me, Bella," Isaac replied from the other side.

I opened the door and he came inside, "uh I am so sorry about Liza and Katie. I know it must have been unexpected for you."

I frowned, "no, why would you say that. They were so nice I am glad I met them."

Isaac looked at me and his eyes got wide, "hey? Were you crying?"

"No, no I wasn't crying. My eyes got itchy and I well yeah," I said while wiping my face.

"Are you crying because of Liza and Katie?" He said in an angry tone.

I sighed in annoyance, "no Isaac, I wasn't crying because of Liza and Katie."

"Then did I do something?"

"I was just crying because I remembered something bad which made me cry. No one made me cry, not you, not Liza, and not Katie," I stated.

He sighed, "do you want to share it?"

"No, it's okay."

Isaac sighed and sat on my bed and tap the place beside him. I sat beside him, "you can talk to me, you know even if you don't want to. I am just saying this because you deserve someone who can listen to you, and I want to be that someone."

I looked at him with wide eyes silently, even if I tried I couldn't utter a single word, so he continued, "I know, it sounds weird, but I like you, Bella, I do even if you don't like me back but I can't stop liking you."

I was looking at him with wide eyes and also an open mouth. He was just looking at me nervously while I just couldn't say anything to him. It was sudden or I would say unexpected. I don't know if I felt something towards Isaac or not but at that moment I knew it was fucked up.

I got up slowly from the bed, Isaac also got up and looked at me for a response, "Isaac, i-uh I don't know."

"It's fine if you don't like me, but give me a chance," Isaac mumbled.

I looked at him, turned around, unlocked the door, and ran like hell. I couldn't deal with it. I couldn't deal with Isaac. I always ran from my problems, how could I face this one?