Chapter 10: Despair

Isaac POV:

I was sitting in my office and working for the meeting which I had in two hours, being an alpha was a tough and hectic job and it became tougher for me because I was living in a motel instead of the packhouse.

I couldn't bear the thought of my mate living alone in that motel, so without any thought, I moved into the motel. I had to come to the pack often because of work, but at least in my absence Dave, his wife, and also Grace took care of Bella.

I smiled by just thinking of Bella, I am too fortunate to have found a beautiful and strong mate, who is also very stubborn. I wish I could tell her about me being a werewolf, but I was scared that I might scare her off and the trust which I have gained from her will be lost.

I knew I had to tell her someday, but not yet. At least not yet. I was trying to run from the consequences because I knew it wouldn't be easy for her to understand this, and also the nightmare was what if she left because she couldn't bear the thought of living with a werewolf.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing and I smiled looking at the screen and my fears disappeared because even though I didn't know about the future, in present she's with me.

"Hello?" I said smiling.

"Isaac you need to get some animal control people here, there are wolves, and even some people they are just-," Bella's voice boomed from the phone making my eyes go wide, "don't know what is happening, please-" before she could say anything there was a snarl and the line dropped.

"Hello? Bella? Bella? Say something?" I yelled on the phone.

I dialed her number again but the phone was switched off, I ran from my office resulting in me bumping in my beta, Ryan.

"Woah, man where are you running to?" He said in a loud voice while following me

"Bella she's not okay she's in danger," I said while running in the direction of the motel.

"Wait, I will come with you," He said but I was faster than him and I immediately changed into my black wolf and ran towards the motel not caring about anything else, but my mate.

I entered the motel but there was no one there, her room was thrashed and I could see her blood there which made my blood boil and my heart sink.

"We need to find our mate" my wolf Zeke growled inside my head. I made my way towards the diner and saw Grace in her wolf form laying in a pool of blood. I came near her and saw there was no sign of a heartbeat making my heart sink even more.

I growled and looked everywhere, but couldn't find Bella. I could still smell her blood and I followed the trail but the trail ended in between the forest, I changed into my human form and changed into the boxer which was tied around my leg.

My heart was sinking, after the attack on Bella, I tried asking her to come with me to the pack, but she didn't. I shouldn't have left her. My number one nightmare was coming to life. She was missing - no - she wasn't just missing. Someone had stolen her away from me to who knows where.

"Isaac, did you find her?" Ryan came running towards me.

I shook my head, "she's nowhere to be found."

Ryan looked at me with sympathy, "we will find her." Before he could say anything my younger brother ran behind him with a worried expression on his face.

"Are you okay, Isaac?" Aiden asked looking at me cautiously.

"How could I be okay, when I know my mate is somewhere in danger? And I couldn't save her?" I roared looking at Aiden who was taken back because of my outburst, but he understood I wasn't angry at him but just worried about my mate who could be suffering somewhere.

"I should have told her, I should have told her and brought her here with me," I yelled punching the tree, "it's all my fault."

"Isaac, it's not your fault. It's no one's fault but the ones who attacked her." Aiden said while putting his hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner.

"Let's search the whole forest, she must be somewhere here. She can't go anywhere else. Let's find her in the city," Ryan looked at me and I nodded.

"Aiden, you go back to the packhouse and take care of everything, Ryan and I will go and look for her," I said looking at Aiden who nodded and left after giving me a sympathetic look.

I will find her, even if I have to go to every corner of the world and tear apart every pack but I will find my mate. I can't lose her not yet, not ever.