Chapter 23: Old ties

"Oh my God, Rosabella, for god's sake come and eat something" Nathaniel was screaming at me to eat something for an hour, but I had lost my appetite since I left home. Isaac was my home, wherever he lived, it was my home. It's been a whole day since I left Isaac's house, I was feeling this emptiness inside me but I know that was for the best.

"Go away, Nathaniel " I nestled my neck into my pillow wish it could be Isaac.

"If you don't eat, you will die of starvation, so please eat something" Nathaniel insisted.

"Look, Nathaniel just leave me alone, please. I don't want to eat anything, it's very nice of you to look after me, but I don't need it. I have been alone for a long time, so don't worry" I looked at his frustrated face.

"You are stubborn" Nathaniel groaned and sat on the edge of my bed.

"I know" I shrugged.

"Stop fighting, Rosabella" he sighed.

"I'm not fighting with you" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yes, you are," he sighed.

"Okay, I will not fight from now on," I mumbled, "I am sorry,"

"Now, will you eat something?"

"Nope," I shook my head.

"Ugh, fine do whatever you want" Nathaniel shouted and stood up and walked out of the room.

Darlene entered the room with a confusing expression on her face, "what happened to him?"

I sighed, "I don't know."

Darlene sat beside me on my bed, "are you okay?"

I looked at her while smiling sadly, "I don't know what is being okay anymore."

She looked at me apologetically, "I know, it's not something which you wanted in your life, Rosabella, but now you've got it, so you've to face it with your chin up and maybe also some claws and spells."

I chuckled with tears in my eyes, "you can call me Belle."

She smiled, "so, Belle will you eat something now?"

I nodded, "yes, I guess so."

"I was asking you the same thing," Nathaniel coughed while standing in the doorway with his arms folded.

Darlene rolled her eyes at Nathaniel, "stop it, Nate."

He rolled his eyes, "ask the little witch to stop winning."

"I don't even know any spell, how can I be a witch?" I looked at both of them.

"Gran was telling me that you don't even have to read spells, you are powerful enough to do things with your mind," Darlene said like it's not a big deal.

"What?" I yelled.

Darlene laughed, "you have to learn so many things, Belle."

"Now, can you please eat something?" Nathaniel asked looking annoyed.

"Fine, can I have some ice cream please?" I asked.

"Okay, I will go and get some ice cream then," he said scratching his back of the head.

"You can do it? Oh, please, please, get me one with chocolate chips," I said while squealing in excitement.

Darlene laughed and joined, "get me one which has strawberries, please."

Nathaniel looked at her, annoyingly, "she's our guest, you get one for yourself," he got disappeared into thin air.

"He's a jerk face," Darlene murmured making me laugh.