Chapter 51: Mom

Ryan broke the silence, his voice carried a mix of concern and determination. "What are we going to do about this?" he asked, his gaze shifting between Isaac and me. The weight of the situation hung heavy in the air, each of us grappling with the reality of the threat before us.

Isaac's eyes met mine, reflecting a blend of frustration and confusion. "I don't know her, Belle," he confessed, his voice laced with frustration. "I don't understand how she could do something so cruel."

Taking a deep breath to steady myself, I met their gazes and spoke with a quiet resolve. "We can't let her actions go unanswered," I said firmly. "Athena won't stop until she achieves her goals. We need to confront her and put an end to this."

Nate, who had been sitting in a corner with his eyes closed, suddenly rose to his feet. His expression was resolute, and a determined fire burned in his eyes. "I need to find answers," he declared, his voice filled with determination. "I won't let Athena's actions go unpunished. I will find the truth and bring her to justice."

With those words, Nate disappeared with a sudden pop, leaving us momentarily stunned. We were left to grapple with the weight of the situation and the uncertainty that lay before us.

Ryan stepped forward, his eyes filled with a mixture of concern and determination. "We'll support you, Belle," he assured me, his voice unwavering. "We won't let Athena get away with what she's done. We'll stand by your side and fight until the end."

A single tear slipped down my cheek, a silent testament to the emotions swirling within me. I nodded, grateful for the support and unity within our pack. Together, we would face the challenges ahead, united in our shared purpose and unwavering determination.

As the tears continued to fall, a newfound resolve settled within my heart. We would not be broken by Athena's cruelty. We would rise above it, drawing strength from one another and using our collective power to protect all that we held dear.

"Can't we find another experienced witch?" Liza looked at me attentively.

Liza's question hung in the air, her eyes searching for a glimmer of hope. The idea of finding another witch as powerful as Selena, someone who could match Athena's magic, held an air of possibility. Before anyone could respond, Katie's eyes widened, a realization dawning upon her.

"Ryan!" Katie exclaimed, nudging Ryan urgently. "What if we consult belle's mother? She's Athena's daughter, after all. Maybe she knows something or has the power to help us."

My eyes widened at the suggestion, the gears turning in our mind as we processed Katie's words. The thought of seeking guidance from my mother, who shared a bloodline with Athena, held a unique potential. Everyone turned to me, silently seeking my opinion.

I looked around at the worried faces of my friends as Katie's suggestion hung in the air. What if we sought the help of my mother? A wave of hope mixed with apprehension washed over me. It had been months since she fell into that deep slumber, unresponsive to our calls and pleas. But could she hold the answers we desperately sought?

I took a deep breath, a turmoil of emotions running in my mind. "I... I don't know," I whispered. "But if there's a chance she can help us, I think we should at least consider it."

I turned to Isaac, his concern etched on his face. His words echoed my own fears. "Bella, your mother hasn't woken up. We don't know if she'll be able to help us in her current state," he voiced, his voice laced with uncertainty.

Determination surged within me, overriding any doubt. "I understand, Isaac. But I have to try," I declared, my voice carrying a resolute tone. "She's the only family I have left, and if there's even the slightest chance she can help, I can't let it slip away."