Chapter 35: Home

"So many have died, some are injured badly," Ryan notified Isaac "the pack doctor is having difficulties dealing with everyone"

"Can we ask for another pack doctor from other packs?" Isaac asked looking at Ryan. We all were sitting in the living room of the packhouse. Except for Liza and Katie. They were in Katie's room.

"I can ask them" Ryan got up and started going out of the room.

"stop, wait," Darlene interjected, "we can help."

Ryan stopped and looked at her, waiting for her to say something else "I can heal some of them, and even Nate knows spells."

"We can ask for a doctor. You don't have to do anything" Ryan said while furrowing his eyebrows. Isaac was sitting, quietly.

"I will help, too," I glanced at Ryan then looked at Nate and Darlene, "it would be much faster than a doctor tending to patients."

"Okay, Aiden and Ryan can join you," Isaac said while looking at Darlene and Nate, "Bella, will you please stay for a moment?"

I sighed and nodded while putting my hand over my chest feeling my heart beating against my palm.

Aiden looked at Darlene and coughed, "I will show you the way," he hurried outside the door with Ryan leaving everyone confused while  Darlene mumbled something and followed him

Nate looked at both of them and then he mouthed while looking at me before following both of them 'what is the matter with them?'

Isaac coughed, "are you okay?"

"I guess," I sighed, "I have to stay okay, this is just the start."

Isaac stroke my cheek and looked at me with concern, "everything will be okay."

"Why did you put yourself in danger?" I laughed, bitterly, "why did you have to go to such extremes that you put yourself along with the pack in danger?"

"For you, I needed to get you back," Isaac exasperated, "I couldn't sit idly while you were in danger."

"I wasn't in danger, you put yourself in danger because of me," I said while putting my hands up in the air, "you shouldn't have put yourself in danger."

"What are you talking about?" Isaac yelled at me with disbelief in his eyes, "you're my mate, I couldn't imagine the thought of you being hurt."

"How can you say that?" I stared at him, "when you were the one who had hurt me, I trusted you."

"No, you didn't, that's what the problem is, Bella," he pestered, "you didn't trust me enough to tell me everything."

"You are still going to justify your behavior by blaming it all on me?"

"No, I accept. I accept I was the one who did you wrong," he took a deep breath and looked at me with a broken expression, "that's why I am sorry, I am deeply, terribly sorry for what I did. I shouldn't have doubted you, I shouldn't have let you go."

I stayed quiet for a moment and then put my arms around him making him froze, "can we please pause this fight for some time, I am tired of fighting for my life," I whispered while holding him tightly, "I can't fight with you, too, I don't have any energy left."

He nodded while kissing the top of my head and wrapped his arms around me tightly not leaving any space for me to escape.

                          ***

When I entered the hospital, I could feel the distress people were in. My heart was clenching. So many people were laying on the bed, with injuries and wounds covering their bodies.
I saw Darlene in front of a bed holding a book and concentrated on a girl's arm while Nate was at the corner of the hall mumbling something. Aiden was standing at some distance from Darlene while glancing at her from time to time while Ryan was helping the pack doctor.