Chapter 12: Soulmate

Isaac ran towards me and engulfed me in his arms breathing heavily, "you're here, you're here with me."

I smiled and hugged him back with the same intensity, we stayed in each other embrace for God knows how much longer. I opened my eyes and saw the room was empty. Everyone must have gone to give us some privacy.

Isaac faced me and looked at my face and touched my swelled lips and purple cheekbone, "I am so sorry, Bella. I couldn't keep you safe."

I put both of my hands on the side of his face and smiled, "what matters is you are here now with me right by my side. I don't want anything else, Isaac."

I looked at his face and then my eyes trailed down to his neck, then his chest, and then his toned body, and I gulped.

"It's all yours, you can look all you want." Isaac chuckled making my cheeks heat up and I slapped his very naked chest making him laugh more.

"Why are you naked, go and get dressed, you naked hobo," I yelled at him while hiding my face, I heard him chuckling and he took the pair of clothes which was placed on the table and went inside the restroom.

He came after some minutes in a red button-up shirt and dark black jeans and sat beside my bed on the chair, "how are you feeling now, Bella?"

"My leg is hurting a little bit, and also my head hurts, too or else I am fine," I assured him.

He held my hand and sighed, "I never thought you would get to know like this, but I am sorry Bella this is the truth."

"A-are you a wolf, too?" I asked hesitantly.

He nodded, "yes, I am a werewolf."

My heart started racing faster, "Like those wolves?"

He held my hand, "no, no, Bella. I-uh no. I would never harm you neither my pack will."

I looked at him with a tight smile, "so, will you tell me about this werewolf thing?"

He sighed, "do I have to tell right now?"

I clicked my tongue and pressed his hand, "yes, but not right now. You look exhausted."

He yawned and put his face on the side of my bed while holding my hand, "yes I have been trying to find you since yesterday."

My heart melted in my chest, "go to your home and get rest then."

He got up and looked at me with a serious face, "I will never leave you alone, now."

"But you need rest, Isaac."

He shook his head and put his head on the side of my bed again, "yes but I am fine staying like this."

I sighed and nudged him, "you can't stay like this, you can go and rest on that couch?" I said while pointing towards the couch which was sitting on the side of the bed.

He looked at the couch, then our intertwined hands, and then me with a pout on his face, "can you stretch your arm?"

I chuckled, "you don't even want to leave my hand?"

He shook his hand and held my hand more tightly, "never."

I shook my head while chuckling and started scooting, leaving a spot on my side where he could fit.

Isaac looked at me with a frown, "what are you doing?"

"Hop on"

His eyes got wide and he immediately jumped on the bed making me chuckle, his back was on the pillows while I rest my head comfortably on his chest.

Isaac was holding my waist with one hand and with the other he was tracing some patterns on my arm, "this is more comfortable than my bed."

I laughed and looked at his face, "I am comfy?"

He snuggled his face in my neck making me laugh, "too comfortable."

We stayed like this till Isaac fell asleep, I looked at his sleeping face. His eyes were closed and he had a peaceful expression on his face while his lips were slightly apart. I touched his face and trace my hand on his cheek, smiling. I also snuggled my face in his neck and let sleep engulfed me.

                           ***

"Do you have furs?"

Isaac frowned, "yes and no. I don't have furs, but my wolf has."

I have been asking Isaac questions about this werewolf scenario for thirty minutes after waking up.

"Did you drink rainwater from the muddy paw print of a wolf?

Isaac laughed and shook his head, "no, I didn't."

I frowned, "Then how did you?"

"Werewolves used to be regular wolves, who were the guardians of men. Even though they loved men, they envied them and their ability to walk and speak and do all the things they never could.

So the wolf stood up, and became man, and mimicked them, and behaved like them, but it wasn't enough. They became so jealous they prayed to the moon goddess and mother nature, asking her to grant them the ability to be human. Finally, the moon goddess granted their wish and thus, the werewolf was born. A creature who could take the shape of both human and wolf, and be both in harmony."

"Woah, then why human don't know about it?" I gasped looking at Isaac, "I feel like, I am in teen wolf."

Isaac chuckled, "Humans became jealous of the werewolves' strength and abilities and cast them out, which is why the werewolves stopped associating with humans."

I scrunched my nose, "yeah, we humans are shitty. Trust me, I know I am human." I looked at his amused expression, "do you wash your furs with shampoo?"

He snickered, "no I don't."

I made a puking sound, "ew, that's why you stink."

"You stink."

"No, you stink."

He looked at me with a blank expression, but then instantly blinked like he remembered something, "and uh, there is more."

I frowned, "what is it?"

"When moon goddess granted the wish to the werewolves, she also gave them a gift," he said, hesitantly.

"Like what?"

"A soulmate."