Chapter 7: New Beginnings

When I touched Isaac's face. He woke up, abruptly looking at me with wide eyes. I noticed how he had deep purple eye bags under his eyes from lack of sleep, his hair was in different directions like he had run his hands over them multiple times, and his eyes held sadness and concern.

"Oh, Bella, you are up. You had me so worried," he said holding me, tightly.

"I am sorry, Isaac. I am okay, now," I said putting one hand on the back of his head and others on his back to calm him.

"I thought, I have lost you" he whispered leaving my embrace but he did not leave my hand, "I am sorry, it's all my fault."

"No, I am okay, now, Isaac but you don't look okay," I said touching his face, sparks erupted from my touch, "and it's not your fault, stop beating yourself about it."

"You have been unconscious for six days, Bella," he said sadly making me gasped.

"Six days? I was out for six days, oh my god" I said panicking.

"Hey, hey, calm down, Bella," he said holding me with my shoulder.

"I am going to call the doctor now," he said going out.

A middle-aged woman came into the room with Isaac.

"Hello, Isabella, I am your doctor you can call me Mary," she said politely.

"So you were unconscious for six days because of a trauma you experienced. Your mind shut itself to prevent you from something more stressful" she continued looking at Isaac and me.

"So, Doctor. Can I go home, now?" I asked her.

"No, you have to stay for some time, so we can know you're all okay," she said and bowed to Isaac and went out, leaving me lost in my thoughts.

"Bella?" Isaac said waving his hand on my face.

"Yeah, sorry," I said sheepishly.

"What were you thinking?" he asked looking at me. I looked back at him contemplating should I tell him about that weird dream, or not.

"No, nothing. So you tell me how have you been?" I asked looking at him with concern.

"To be honest, Bella. I was devastated. I thought I would lose you," he said holding my hand tightly. I looked into his eyes and all I saw was fear of losing myself, "I kept cursing myself for saying everything to you, I can leave far from you, but not without you. I am sorry for causing you harm."

"Can I hug you?" I asked him, impatiently but without answering he wrapped his arms around me.

"You don't have to ask"

"Thank you, Isaac, for everything," I said snuggling more into him, "and don't say that, I don't know after last night, I can feel it and I want to say this."

I now looked at his eyes, both of our faces were so near and our breaths were mingling with each other, "I want to be with you, too, I know I have so many issues, but I will do my best to get rid of them for you because I want to give this, give us a chance."

Isaac looked at me with an unfamiliar emotion twinkling in his eyes, "I promise to be with you at every step you take, I will be there to help you and protect you."

I hugged him again and smiled "By the way you stink," I said in the crook of his neck.

"Oh, so that's why you're still not leaving me then?" he smirked snuggling his face in my neck making my heart do jumping-jacks.

"N-no, I was just going to-" he cut me off by kissing me on my neck making me gasp.

"Isaac, uh, what are you doing," I said closing my eyes.