Chapter 27: The Rogue King

"So she left everything to be with my father?" I asked Selena with wide eyes. She was telling me about how it all started.

"Athena would have never accepted their mate bond, so Amelia decided to run," Selena whispered, sadly.

"But why is she like this?" I asked.

She closed her wrinkly eyes like she was remembering something "Athena loved a man, a human. She had her firstborn with him. They were the happiest couple, One day, they went to the woods for a small vacation. Some werewolves took their son for fun, and they killed him. Athena was ravaged, she killed everyone there. When his husband saw her in that state, he left her. Athena became miserable, she stayed in an isolated place for a month. When she came back, we all knew, we have lost her."

"She went and killed her child's father. She remarried another man, a great warlock. When she had another child with him, your mother. She killed him, too."

"Oh my God," Darlene was looking horrified, while I was equally terrified.

"When your mother was born. We thought Athena would get okay, but she became overpowered. When your mother decided to accept her mate bond with your father, she was infuriated. She couldn't stand the fact that her daughter would get mated to a werewolf." She looked at me "When you were born. She took you to my cabin and asked me what should she do. I told her to put spells on you, so you would not be able to shift, neither would be able to perform any magic"

"Why?" I mumbled.

"Your mother knew that Athena was hungry for strength. She would come to get you, which she did. She destroyed the Grey moon pack" she said, firmly "But your mother had already masked everyone's scent with enchantments and had changed their location, too"

"Carl knew everything" I furrowed my eyebrows. If mom did mask our scents then how Athena found us.

"Because Athena told him. Athena is strong, she broke the spell which I planted" Selena looked at Nate who was looking at us with shame in his eyes, "But she was not able to break the spell on you, so she let you live till she could find a way to break this spell on you."

"She was waiting for me to get my powers?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yes, she found a way to break your spell, and take your power, if it wasn't for Isaac you would have been dead by now" she looked at me with a serious face, "I need to go and meet some people, I will talk to you later."

Selena smiled while patting me on my shoulder and left me, Darlene, and Nate in the room.

I scrunched my eyebrows, "who is the rogue king?"

Nate hissed and closed his eyes, "you know him."

"No, I don't."

"He's Carl," he whispered which made my heart beating faster.

"He was-he was a werewolf?" I stuttered.

Darlene sat beside me and put her hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner, "he has made so many lives miserable, Belle."

I recalled what Aiden told me about Isaac's parents, and it made my breath hitched in my throat, "do you know it he's the same person who killed the alpha and Luna of the black crescent pack?"

Nate frowned and his eyes got wide, "I was there when it happened."

"He made my life living hell, he killed my father. We were living happily, but he came and disrupted our lives," my blood started boiling, I closed my breath and took a deep breath,  "he-he did things to me which I cant-which I would never want someone to go through, but he also hurt my mate. I want to kill him."

"He has invaded so many packs and so many lives," Darlene mumbled, "he's too strong."

"I don't care, I want to tear his limbs from his body and feed him to dogs," I scrunched my nose remembering Game of thrones.

Nate sighed, "I will help you kill him, don't worry I have some problems with him, too."

Darlene frowned, "his wolf body or the human body?"

Nate and I looked at her deadpanned, and she sheepishly smiled.

                           ***

I was trying to heal a bird whose wing was broken, Darlene taught me how to do it, but I couldn't put my mind on focus. Tears started forming in my eyes, remembering what I had to go through.

The bird was cooing, lightly. I looked at the bird and touched its soft feathers and closed my eyes, I visualized the bird's wing getting attached and I heard a small cracking noise and saw the bird standing while flapping its wings.

I couldn't let Athena and Carl hurt anyone else, I needed to stop them from hurting more people even if I have to fight them till my last breath.

I had been learning how to do magic, I was still not very proficient, but Selena told me that I would be able to use strong magic very easily. I saw the bird and squint my eyes and imagined the bird's throat closing, I saw it making noises but I couldn't stop even if I knew I was hurting it, I couldn't stop myself.

"ROSABELLA," an angry voice pulled me from my trance and I saw Nate who had his eyebrows knitted together, "what were you doing?"

I looked at the bird, it was laying down on the table breathing softly. My eyes got wide and I looked at Nate, "I don't know what I was doing, I swear."

Nate took a deep breath, "you were killing the bird."

"I don't even know how to do that," I yelled.

"You don't know how to do that, but you still know," he whispered looking at me.

"What do you mean?"

"You put your mind to kill the bird, that's what you do, you focus on something and you do that," he replied.

"I can do whatever I visualize?" I asked.

He nodded, "you can mend things as well as break them. It will be better to break the bones of your enemies, not something innocent."